I'm going to be a jerk, but...

Options
can we get pglbook his own section to sell his wares? He has 10 FS thread going on page 1 of the FM and I challenge you to find a post by him where he isn't selling something.

I know we can just ignore it, and I usually do, but it bogs down the FM and it's not what the FM is all about.
Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,481
    edited June 2023
    Options
    rePORTed!

SOMEONE'S HIJACKED OTHERPAUL'S ACCOUNT!
    All the Pauls are getting hijacked.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,081
    Options
    I do think for things like vinyl you need to just make one big post. For larger gear I support individual threads
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,070
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    I do think for things like vinyl you need to just make one big post. For larger gear I support individual threads

mmmm... sort of like pancakes.

13macu9f9r9w.png
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,007
    Options
    "FM"? Is advertising of tuners not allowed here?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,167
    Options
    I thought you had to be a member in good faith for at least one year here to even post a for sale thread?

Cat is replying to his own thread over and over and yes I could see this to be an annoyance in that topic some consider an honor to use?? I sure do!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,174
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    can we get pglbook his own section to sell his wares? He has 10 FS thread going on page 1 of the FM and I challenge you to find a post by him where he isn't selling something.

I know we can just ignore it, and I usually do, but it bogs down the FM and it's not what the FM is all about.

Sorry...I agree...I should have, and will in the future, waited to post things into one large grouping rather than a few individual posts. I had added some new things in the past to a prior for sale thread and felt that they got lost in the prior thread...but I should have just waited and posted a new for sale posting when I had a large enough number of items for a single post. Thanks.
  • pglbook
    Options
    I thought you had to be a member in good faith for at least one year here to even post a for sale thread?

Cat is replying to his own thread over and over and yes I could see this to be an annoyance in that topic some consider an honor to use?? I sure do!

tophatjohnny...I have been a member on here since 2012...with over 2000 posts. check my profile. Thanks.
  • msg
    Options
    I will say I've picked up a few nice records from Peter, and he's a good guy to deal with, so let's not run the guy off, alright.

Personally, I didn't really notice the number of threads or posts too much because I primarily only browse by Recent Discussions, but yeah, when you go directly to the FS subforum, Peter's AV is pretty dominant in the list hehe

What would be a better way? It's not like he has access to edit ONE post to keep a thread cleaned up and not confusing. And you can't ask a mod to take on that job. That wouldn't be fair, either.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,616
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Come on guys he's trying to fund the mega extream streaming gear, ya'll pushed him over the edge with all the high dollar streaming threads......
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    Dingus brand ethernet cables, introductory price $1,999/meter plus shipping, handling, tax and processing fee. Payment plans available.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,386
    Options
    George Grand never had any issues. FWIW.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,081
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom

The difference is that George participated in the forum. He wasn’t just here selling stuff. Additionally, he was donating a lot (maybe all) of his profits to charity.

But I’ll also say that if everybody else is ok with it then I’m the one with the problem…and I’ll get over it🤣🤣
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,167
    Options
    pglbook wrote: »

tophatjohnny...I have been a member on here since 2012...with over 2000 posts. check my profile. Thanks.

My apologies! Post away but as mentioned it would probably make more sense to post the albums all together and get your post count up by replying to it😂
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • msg
    Options

Tom

Always read about George, but never had the pleasure. What did he do differently for his listings? I don't think George was on the forum after the switch to Vanilla,if the forum features had anything to do with it.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    edited June 2023
    Options
    msg wrote: »

Tom

Always read about George, but never had the pleasure. What did he do differently for his listings? I don't think George was on the forum after the switch to Vanilla,if the forum features had anything to do with it.

George would make a huge list with prices for each and shrink it down as they sold.
  • msg
    Options
    I’ll also say that if everybody else is ok with it then I’m the one with the problem…and I’ll get over it🤣🤣

Hey Paul, just wanna say, no sides here, I can see what you mean after I went to the FS section.

Plus, if another member also has stuff listed, when Peter updates his sale group threads it can easily bump others off page if a viewer doesn't have their settings configured for say 20 posts per page.

I'm not sure what the default is, but I know I specifically changed mine to 20 so I can see more topics without having to wait for a next page link to open.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pglbook
    edited June 2023
    Options

Tom

The difference is that George participated in the forum. He wasn’t just here selling stuff. Additionally, he was donating a lot (maybe all) of his profits to charity.

But I’ll also say that if everybody else is ok with it then I’m the one with the problem…and I’ll get over it🤣🤣

fwiw, I am not just here selling stuff...I have over 2000 posts and have contributed a lot (but received much more) to this forum in the past. Unfortunately, I have not been able to do so as much the past year or two due to health issues (one of reasons for selling stuff now is to help pay uncovered medical bills).

I agreed with you that I should have posted multiple albums together in one post rather than recently create a few individual posts with only one record listed for sale. Mea culpa. But I also think it would have been better if you had just sent me a pm with your concerns rather than creating a public post.

• pitdogg2
    Options
    But I also think it would have been better if you had just sent me a pm with your concerns rather than creating a public post.

THIS ^^^
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,081
    Options
    Probably worked out better for you that I created a public post as it seems like most don’t have an issue with it. As I said in my previous post, I guess I’m the one with the problem, so carry on as usual.

On a personal level, I’m very sorry to hear that you are having health issues. Don’t know where you stand on prayer, but I will praying for comfort and healing for you.
  • pglbook
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Probably worked out better for you that I created a public post as it seems like most don’t have an issue with it. As I said in my previous post, I guess I’m the one with the problem, so carry on as usual.

On a personal level, I’m very sorry to hear that you are having health issues. Don’t know where you stand on prayer, but I will praying for comfort and healing for you.

Thank you! I appreciate your prayers and best wishes.

And no ill feelings on my end about your original post. You were correct that I overdid it with creating a few too many posts for a single lp, etc. I just thought it could have been handled differently but, again, no problem at all.

All the best,

Peter
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,699
    Options
    pglbook wrote: »
    Thank you!

You can trick the algorithm by using spaces: "B itches Brew"
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,613
    Options
    All's well that ends well. Lots of respect in this thread, even though opinions differ on a few different levels. Rare to see on forums.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    Options
    Shutup Brian.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Yes, sir. 😂😂

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    edited June 2023
    Options
    lol
    For anyone here who thinks I was being mean, Brian's ma boy! We got it like that.
    And I fully expect it in return, or I'll be disappointed.

You guys know, Tom used to have such a counterpart, @lightman1. He's been MIA/Derelict in his duties.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Anyone that wants Polk 10B genuine factory packaging, just because, is a friend of mine!

Hope all is well, Scott!

Brian

• msg
    Options
    Yeah, Brian - we're behind on our shipping of large empty test boxes to each other; C.O.D.

Speaking of shipping pranks - where is @mrbiron ?
    Anytime I'd buy anything from him, it arrived with FedEx chucking it onto my roof. No joke. Those were real instructions!
    I disabled signatures.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    lol
    For anyone here who thinks I was being mean, Brian's ma boy! We got it like that.
    And I fully expect it in return, or I'll be disappointed.

You guys know, Tom used to have such a counterpart, @lightman1. He's been MIA/Derelict in his duties.

Shut up Scott
  • smartie_panta
    Options
    where is @mrbiron ?

The last time I was in touch with him was nearly two years ago.