Polk R200AE Matt Polk signature edition

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,092
edited February 2023 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Decided to post these for sale, wanted to rotate the Defintives back in and the Wilson's will be back in a few months.

Solid performing bookshelf, beautiful fit and finish. Terrific sound!

Mint condition, all original packaging and such.

$950 shipped ($1300 new)

Maybe 4 months or so old? Purchased direct from Polk!

Cash, check (14 day clear), zelle

xw2jck17ygsw.jpg
kg6k0bmji9d1.jpg
kqbc9tdniqsh.jpg
aee0w5hhhej2.jpg
9fn8anb4mi2b.jpg
8avtvlwd9a5v.jpg
w8lojf1szy1s.jpg
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by SeleniumFalcon on

Comments

• VR3
    Options
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Options
    @SeleniumFalcon Can you move to for sale section please??

Thank you!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,122
    Options
    What is inside that power port… looks like I can see daylight through that opening
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    Options
    thats the tweeter magnet, you can see it thru the port. Pretty normal actually. The Wilsons are the same way
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    What is inside that power port… looks like I can see daylight through that opening

Flash reflection?
  • VR3
    Options
    Yeah probably hitting the back of the magnet.

I listed on ebay at Higher price
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    Options
    @CFarrell_SoundUnited could you move this thread to the For Sale section please?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    Options
    Posted to USAudiomart at higher price!

Thanks!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,524
    Options
    So tempting
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • VR3
    Options
    8octbbfrzoaf.jpg
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Dang it…
    What to do what to do
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • VR3
    Options
    Sold/pending from the bay
  • VR3
    Options
    Sold!
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Thank goodness
    The temptation was beginning to become too much
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    Options
    Yeah I knew I saw this thread and couldn't remember who made it. Glad but not glad they are sold. I was considering buying them and giving them a go. I have been wanting to hear this line.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,946
    Options
    You can still by a set..
  • VR3
    Options
    Polk had a good return policy
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,946
    Options
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    Options
    What would be nice IF polk would have had sore holes on the bottom and designed a stand for them. This way , you wouldn't have to worry about them getting knocked over. Monitor audio makes their own bookshelf stands and you can thread them right into their bookshelf speakers on certain models.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Good point Dan. There was about a decade or longer period in which speaker companies stopped manufacturing stands to sell as an option to support their expensive "bookshelf" speakers that really shouldn't be placed in bookshelves. It was very difficult to find decent speaker stands for a long time.

Wharfedale, Focal, and some others have remedied that. Those R200s have cabinets that are too deep to easily place without having them on stands.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    Options
    I bought Pangea stands and also bought the extra large top plates. That helps a lot since the R200's are so deep. I feel like the larger top plates add a lot of stability.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    What would be nice IF polk would have had sore holes on the bottom and designed a stand for them. This way , you wouldn't have to worry about them getting knocked over. Monitor audio makes their own bookshelf stands and you can thread them right into their bookshelf speakers on certain models.

Sore holes on the bottom??? Time to stop using the CBD.

One could still knock over the speaker and stand. For that matter, if one wanted almost any floor standing speaker can be knocked over.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,620
    Options
    Avoid any drunken dancing near bookshelf speakers on stands and you should be fine.