Salamander Archetype 5.0 Stereo Rack Questions

Anyone used or have experience with the Salamander Archetype 5.0 Stereo Rack?
I am looking to try something different and this system seems highly rated.
I need something very stable that can hold weight without wobble. I like the idea that the shelves are adjustable, as i recently bought a new preamp which is larger than the old one. how easy is it to adjust the shelves? thanks
SDA 1C (wood)- Vr3 crossovers/ Gimpod board's, Larry's rings, RDO194 tweeters, Dynamat. Updated terminal cup and binding posts. Custom IC by Vr3 with Neutrik connectors. SDA 2B(studio)- SonicCraft crossovers(TL mod), RD0-198 tweeters. Hurricane nuts, DynaMat and JB Weld.

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    I’ve had mine about a year now and have been very happy with it. I’ll try to post a pic later, but I have a turntable, integrated, phono pre-, cd player, and power center to give you and idea of how much weight I have on it. It’s very easy to adjust. I just made a few changes to my system and adjusting the shelves was a breeze. You can do better, but I think you have to spend more to do so. Check Audio Advisor. I got mine as open box, but it was new for all practical purposes.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    aet6g7dxc63o.jpeg
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • vulcan
    vulcan Posts: 86
    Thanks "PSOVLSK" for the info and pic. Great setup you got there and the rack looks very sturdy.
    SDA 1C (wood)- Vr3 crossovers/ Gimpod board's, Larry's rings, RDO194 tweeters, Dynamat. Updated terminal cup and binding posts. Custom IC by Vr3 with Neutrik connectors. SDA 2B(studio)- SonicCraft crossovers(TL mod), RD0-198 tweeters. Hurricane nuts, DynaMat and JB Weld.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    I have two of these, an A5 & A3. First thing I noticed was that they were heavier than they appear.

Note: If you buy the optional Mega Spikes, they are not true carpet spikes. They wont penetrate carpet, they are too thick. A member here had his megaspikes machined down to penetrate through carpet. There is a thread on here somewhere.

Here it is: https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/109330/salamander-archetype-rack-improvements
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    Your cable management skills are to be commended! The only things visible are the speaker cables! 😳

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM