Old Radio Parts

aprazer402
aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
8c0v8m6y8f0a.jpg

I have these two boxes of old radio parts. I have no idea what most of these are. Can anyone here tell if they have any value? Should I toss it all or eBay them? If eBay, sell all together or maybe keep like pieces together? I would dust and clean to make for better photos. I believe some are tuner parts. A few nice large Bakelite dials. The original owner of my home, built in 1957, operated a TV and radio repair shop in the basement. He saved these parts for whatever reason. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Everything has a value to someone. I'd put them on eBay.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    100% agree...blow them out and clean them up, especially the dial and potentiometers.

At the very least post in a bulk cleaned and laid out.

Dials are important for a restorer.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    You have some variable wire wound resistors and tuning condensers, a meter of some kind and tuning knobs. Those could be of interest to radio enthusiasts. If you have a local ARRL (American Radio Relay League) they can tell you when the next ham fest is in your area and for a few dollars you can set up a "for sale" table.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Thanks for your replies.