Rush - Signals 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe

Awful pricey for so little IMO. I bought all the 2015/16 DMM remasters when they first came out. They've crept up there in price. Glad I got 'em when I did. I got this on MoFi CD and an original 1982 U.S. Mercury pressing that's in minty condition from my days in the Army. The blu ray audio atmos discs look interesting, but still too much and I don't have an atmos system. So that's that.

https://www.amazon.com/Signals-Anniversary-Super-Deluxe-Blu-ray/dp/B0BS9PGKXJ?ref_=ast_slp_dp

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited March 2023
    I gave up on any Rush album sounding good years ago. Great music, just horrid recordings.

These are great for a CV setup on a receiver.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I gave up on any Rush album sounding good years ago. Great music, just horrid recordings.

These are great for a CV setup on a receiver.

Tom

Check out the DMM remasters, Tom. They sound pretty good IMO. The MoFi discs are good too, but you'll likely pay out the wazoo for these now. Long time OOP. The one Rush album that I think sounds horrid is Vapor Trails. I don't even like any of the songs on this one either. Signals, was the last, good Rush album IMHO.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    I've been a Rush fan from almost the VERY beginning and I cannot
    see buying these box sets...
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited March 2023
    I've been buying the anniversary editions of the CD's mainly for the live extras. I must admit the original recordings in them are far worse than the original release CD.

I'd love to see
    Farewell to Kings
    Moving pictures
    Signals
    Caress of steel
    Fly by night
    All the worlds a stage
    On SACD
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • Keiko
    edited April 2023
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I'd love to see
    Farewell to Kings
    Moving pictures
    Signals
    Caress of steel
    Fly by night
    All the worlds a stage
    On SACD

Audio Fidelity released Hemispheres and Presto on SACD. Presto turned out to be a little too bright for my taste, but I thought Hemispheres was good. It's one of my favorite early Rush albums. MoFi did a decent job with 2112, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Signals. They're OOP, but worth getting if you can find them at a decent price, which isn't very likely. I think the 2015/16 reissues are pretty good. Good to my old ears anyway, but again, it's all subjective.

Ivan, there was also this 2011 remaster of MP that included a DVD-A disc. There's a thread about it here somewhere in the archives, but I digress, this isn't a bad copy and it's still available at a cost that doesn't break the bank if anyone's interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Moving-Pictures-Deluxe-CD-DVD-Audio/dp/B004MOMT2M

And thanks to Larry @Toolfan66, I got this one a few years back thanks to his post on it. The blu-ray audio slams on this version of 2112. Highly recommended for all Rush fans.

https://www.amazon.com/2112-5-1-Audio-Blu-Ray-Deluxe/dp/B00A2BTCXI/

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Mike I do have some of the DVD audio's and did get the Hemisphere's SACD. The Blu Ray I have Fly by Night and Farewell to Kings. The Snakes album was some other Hi-Rez format which I bought but it was ruined in my flood. Counterparts is also on SACD but like Presto sound sucked. I would like their core stuff done up right like Hemispheres.
    My DVD audio/ Blu-Ray rig is a separate rig and room than the big 2ch rig more for movies with a 2.1 set up.
  • joebass3
    joebass3 Posts: 244
    Nothing to do with the Signals LP, but a cool find in a lot of records I bought recently. A little warpage but vinyl is in great shape!

ixk7ajyfbzz8.jpg

tpcerdspiaw5.jpg

• Keiko
    joebass3 wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the Signals LP, but a cool find in a lot of records I bought recently. A little warpage but vinyl is in great shape!

ixk7ajyfbzz8.jpg

tpcerdspiaw5.jpg

Promotional LPs are cool. Most likely issued to a radio station back in the day when DJs used to spin records on the air.
  • Keiko
    edited June 2023
    This is the one that got me into the 2015 vinyl reissues. The hologram is gimmicky, but I thought it was still kinda cool. The 2015/2016 reissues are all DMM pressings (Direct Metal Mastering). Think of them as the poor man's One Step or UHQR. IMO, these sound good, but they don't have that hefty price tag that comes with the One Step/UHQR LPs.

I'm glad I bought these when I did, before inflation began to effect everything. Shop around and you still might find some at a reasonable price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSkN9rR2rGo