L.K.S. Digital DH-DA004 dac

Options
marvda1
marvda1 Posts: 4,880
edited May 2023 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
This dac has plenty of fanfare as there is close 300 pages on Head Fi .org.
Asking $975 + $25 shipping. PayPal f/f.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/l-k-s-audio-mh-da004-dual-es9038pro-dac-van-dammes-double-impact.840938/

17gc9k3ty3if.jpg
b0cm1qckw95q.jpg
u5j78d5ozzpo.jpg
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156

Comments

• marvda1
    Options
    If the cable has not sold and you purchase this dac I will include the cable for free.
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/198565/1-5m-bnc-geistnote-apogee-coaxial-cable#latest
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Great dac people. I had a silver one.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,081
    Options
    pm sent
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • marvda1
    Options
    SOLD
    Puritan PSM156
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,136
    Options
    I almost cannot believe this day has come. One of the most stable pieces of Marvin’s system.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,524
    Options
    Going for the 005, Marv?
  • marvda1
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Puritan PSM156
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,081
    Options
    Crazy, but this is for sale again. I’ve been considering lots of different upgrade paths and this was one option. John’s Yamaha SACD player was also a piece I strongly considered. I most recently almost pulled the trigger on a Marantz 30n. I think I have settled on a Norma DS-1 at a price that is over my budget, but that I may not find again since these rarely come up on the used market. I will also be selling my Marantz SA-8005 and all of my SACD’s, which I hope to list tomorrow.

That’s lots of rambling in a FS thread, so let’s get back to the L.K.S. It’s a phenomenal piece, especially for the price. When it’s recommended by Marvin and Brian, that’s kind of all you need to know.

I’m going to say $975 to your door CONUS shipped with $1000 insurance. If you’re local or if you will be at LSAF, we can discuss pricing. I’ll also include the cable that Marvin included in the sell if the buyer wants it.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Congrats on your journey Paul :)
    I still suggest opening your own FS thread for this piece
    GLWTS
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a