New member here. How do you multi-quote on this forum?

Been trying but I can't figure it out.

Thanks!
Cambridge CXC v2 transport, Border Patrol SE-i DAC, Musical Fidelity M3i amp, Totem Dreamcatcher speakers, Kanto Sub8 subwoofer, Cardas, Dared Blue, Audioquest, Pine Tree, BJ, XLO cables, Furman conditioner

Answers

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    I like quotes.
  • Emlyn
    edited May 2023
    twigfarm wrote: »

Thanks!
    Emlyn wrote: »
    I like quotes.

Click the Quote option on each post in a thread you want to quote one after the other in the order you want them then preview to see what it'll look like.
  • Emlyn
    twigfarm wrote: »

Thanks!
    I like quotes.

Click the Quote option on each post in a thread you want to quote one after the other in the order you want them then preview to see what it'll look like.

Quote. Quote. Quote.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Alternatively, you can use code. [ Q U O T E ] The actual quote goes here [ / Q U O T E ]

The above code, all you have to do is get rid of the spaces within the brackets. If you want to add in who or what you are quoting, you can also use code to do that.
    New member here. How do you multi-quote on this forum?

Or quote a post, respond, then copy the entire quote and response and quote another post. Then paste your previous quote and response in the new response. This can be done over and over.

Welcome to Club Polk, BTW.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • twigfarm
    twigfarm Posts: 5
    Thanks for the quick responses folks!

Emlyn, your method sounds easy but doesn't seem to work. Whenever I click quote, it puts a new response with that quote at the bottom of the page. If I go to another page & hit quote it puts a new response on the bottom of that page with only the last quote I clicked. I gotta be doing something wrong.

Tom, easy enough, thank you, and that's what I've done but there's got to be a better way.

Thanks again!

Dave
    Cambridge CXC v2 transport, Border Patrol SE-i DAC, Musical Fidelity M3i amp, Totem Dreamcatcher speakers, Kanto Sub8 subwoofer, Cardas, Dared Blue, Audioquest, Pine Tree, BJ, XLO cables, Furman conditioner
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited May 2023
    lio0rzjymep3.png

This (above) is what you want to copy. Basically, you copy the entire text of the previous quote and your response (ALL text within the screenshot). Then, go to your next quote (in another post) and paste what you just copied underneath what the new quote is.

It's easier to just show you while you are here in front of my computer but hopefully, you are getting what I am trying to relay. I'm unsure how to do a video recording of what I am trying to describe. I'm not that computer advanced yet. I know there is a way to do it and I have done it before but I'm not quite sure how to link the recording on Vanilla software (the software this forum uses).

I usually just use code. It's easier for me but I'm used to it and very familiar with working with it.

Another option is to right click the time and copy the link. That will bring the reader directly to that post but it isn't really a quote, it's just a link to that quote and most readers are too lazy to click the link. Me included, unless it's a subject that I really am interested in.

ytsu65zwy20f.png

For an example of that, (see above) if I were to "link" the first response to this thread, the link would appear as >>> https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2727598/#Comment_2727598

But again, it's just a link....not a quote.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • twigfarm
    edited May 2023
    Thanks Tom. I really appreciate. No need for going to the trouble of doing a video. What you've given me was already very helpful.

Thanks again.

Dave
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    When you skip pages you'll need to copy and paste to the next page what you've already quoted or yes it disappears as the page turns
  • twigfarm
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    When you skip pages you'll need to copy and paste to the next page what you've already quoted or yes it disappears as the page turns

Well, that explains that! Thank you!

Dave