Nile SI-2125 Power amp

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,056
Hello everyone,
I recently took out of retirement one of my Niles amps and tried it out on my Focal Chorus 826v's. It's a nice amp rated at 125 watts per channel. It's a discrete high current design. What I like about it is it has a 12v trigger so it turns on and off with my AVR.
I wired it with Audioquest power cord , IC's and a 12v trigger. I'm using Audioquest Rocket 33's for speaker wire.

It has a really nice well balanced warm tone to it. It has power for days as it doesn't matter how loud you wanna listen, it retains awesome dynamics. It seems like the Focal's are very easy to drive.

x2vahq5xfbj2.jpeg
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    I recently took out of retirement one of my Niles amps and tried it out on my Focal Chorus 826v's. It's a nice amp rated at 125 watts per channel. It's a discrete high current design. What I like about it is it has a 12v trigger so it turns on and off with my AVR.
    I wired it with Audioquest power cord , IC's and a 12v trigger. I'm using Audioquest Rocket 33's for speaker wire.

It has a really nice well balanced warm tone to it. It has power for days as it doesn't matter how loud you wanna listen, it retains awesome dynamics. It seems like the Focal's are very easy to drive.

x2vahq5xfbj2.jpeg

I have the Niles SI-275, and agree with your description of the sonic signature.

These are good uber-affordable amps on the used market.

Measured well on the ASR site to boot!
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I also have a SI-275 as well. I haven't used it in quite some time. That is a really nice punchy little amp. I was always shocked that it was only 75 wats per channel. It has excellent dynamics and control. I really like that amp.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.