Best integrated amplifier for Polk Audio L800?

Jarod888
Jarod888 Posts: 61
edited January 2023 in Speakers
Hi Everyone,

My current integrated amplifier is Rotel RA-1592 MK2, works fine with L800, but I'd like to upgrade my amp because I love my L800 and want to pair them with the best amp I can afford.

So my two questions are:

1, what's the best Polk officially recommended integrated amplifier for Polk Audio L800?
2, what's the best integrated amplifier for Polk Audio L800 you would recommened?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    It's like deja vu all over again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Drop dead sexy stuff that double D
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    There is no such thing as "best", only what sounds good to your ears. If the Rotel is kicking it for you, then roll with it. Personally I find most Rotel gear a bit on the dry side and not as engaging as some others. That's just me though, everyone has different tastes.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    What's the price range under consideration and what's not appealing about the Rotel's performance? I wouldn't recommend going to a different brand that doesn't have as much current available to the amp section as Rotel's 1592 model. That means spending roughtly double. There are a bunch of models at the next price range up of around $6K to $10K. Some won't be compatible with the L800s if they use a differential amp design.

I'd consider preamp and amp separates rather than trying to get more out of an integrated amp.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    @Jarod888 why did you ask this in two different threads?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • F1nut
    He's banned, move on.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    I was just going to give him my recommendation...ah shucks🤗
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    By the way it is Wilson Audio.....Facts man you need facts!
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    So is this like the 4th time you’ve been back here and just keep adding another “8” to your handle?

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    So is this like the 4th time you’ve been back here and just keep adding another “8” to your handle?

I thought those were special side-mounted infinitys
    I disabled signatures.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    He started with Jarod1.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Isn’t Jerod doing time for kiddie ****?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    Firstly, the Musical Fidelity M8xi you recommended is a diffrential output amp
    No, it's a single ended design that offers balanced inputs/outputs.

President of Club Polk