First come, first served between now and 10:00p central March 19 (my garbage is picked up very early on Mondays!). These were purchased, or came along with (I can't remember anymore), my Monitor 10Bs back in the day. They have been stored for a good 25 years or more. Just cleaning out some stuff and wanted to offer here before putting them in the can!

Complete, except for the screws to attach to the speakers.

Cover shipping to your location and they are yours. May have to be patient with me for a few days while I find a suitable box and packing materials. Oh, and available to 50+ post members, only.

rwpnjhb2eb23.jpeg

qi50ttkmyaca.jpeg

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    I can use these if still available, please.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,580
    Saved from the landfill! They are yours. Can't think of a better home. 👍

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    Hehe, thanks B!
    I disabled signatures.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,682
    Those are solid.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • msg
    You guys think I should make MDF platforms for the stands, and then sit the speakers on the platforms instead of **** into the speakers?

I think I saw one of the members here recently talking about some thin rubber discs he had for this purpose, and keeping the speakers in place.
    I disabled signatures.
  • wispolkboy
    wispolkboy Posts: 149
    sit the speakers on the platforms instead of **** into the speakers?
    not sure if you thought of **** the stands into the speaker but just the speakers just sit on the stands and they are just fine like that. I had 10's with the same stands (except shorter height) and the stands worked great.
    M7's 1982 Peerless tweeters
    M5's X2 (1981 Peerless tweeters, 1988 with upgraded tweeters)
    M4's X2 both with Peerless tweeters
    M5Jr with SL1500 (in the garage, they sound great)
    M4.6 series2 X2 with upgraded tweeters
    SDA 2 with upgraded tweeters
  • bcwsrt
    What is with all the asterisks? Lol

I was wanting to comment along those lines, but my recollection from back when I had the speakers isn’t the greatest. I think(?) they were fine just sitting on top with out being attached with s/c/r/e/w/s (is that the word that shows up as “****”? 😂). I know I didn’t s/c/r/e/w them down at first, but I may have at some point.

I’d say try it first and see what you think. The angle isn’t very severe and the 10s aren’t real top-heavy or anything. If you have kids around, that would be a concern, of course.
    Brian

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,682
    ****!
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • odcics2
    odcics2 Posts: 309
    msg wrote: »
    You guys think I should make MDF platforms for the stands, and then sit the speakers on the platforms instead of **** into the speakers?

I think I saw one of the members here recently talking about some thin rubber discs he had for this purpose, and keeping the speakers in place.

See my ad in the For Sale section.
    I just bumped it up.
    Thanks.

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,891
    I personally wouldn't $crew those to my speakers, I just wouldn't $crew holes into the bottom of my speakers at all.

I like your idea of $crewing a piece of MDF better to the stands, and setting your speakers on that..
  • bcwsrt
    Don’t **** around with s/c/r/e/w/i/n/g your speakers or you’ll $crew them up! 😝

Brian

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,891
    //////////\\\\\\\\\\
  • msg
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    What is with all the asterisks? Lol

I was wanting to comment along those lines, but my recollection from back when I had the speakers isn’t the greatest. I think(?) they were fine just sitting on top with out being attached with s/c/r/e/w/s (is that the word that shows up as “****”? 😂). I know I didn’t s/c/r/e/w them down at first, but I may have at some point.

I’d say try it first and see what you think. The angle isn’t very severe and the 10s aren’t real top-heavy or anything. If you have kids around, that would be a concern, of course.
    I don't have any kids, but for any following along, this could be a way to arrange for a convenient accident for any "disappointments". Maybe your listening space just happens to be at the top of a staircase because it sounds best there, I don't know.
    I disabled signatures.