SDA SRS 2.3 Schematic, What is the "P" on the XO board?

I don't have the XO in my hand, but I am tracing a problem, and need to know if anyone knows what the "P" is which is one the BE2200-A crossover in the pic attached:, th5r05etwsdhnp.jpg
anks!

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    That is a symbol for a connector, in this case a faston connector.
  • AMF007
    AMF007 Posts: 21
    Duh, makes sense, nit sure why R then crossed out. Thought resistive protect device or something stupid. I gotta take everything out tomorrow, thanks
  • AMF007
    edited March 2023
    I have never had to draw a "dangling 6" piece of wire with a female spade connector (faston) before.

Certainly doesn't explain the weird-**** problem of ONLY sub-bass pair sounding like a crackling buzz only on deep piano type notes. Played the crap out of a ton of material, loud, and no such sound ever, with my ear right on those 2 drivers. Dropped extra regular 6511ish driver in place of top driver, still heard it, jist a little clearer than donut driver. Swapped preamp L and R and the problem stayed in the right speaker where it started.

I cut my schematic pic off not showing that that wire entering the XO board via "P" goes straight to ground.

:/
    Post edited by AMF007 on
  • AMF007
    Gonna replace all low end caps as soon as I can get an accurate list of SonicCaps
  • SeleniumFalcon
    There are quite a few people living in this area with the surname of Glotfelty, a common Mennonite name.

mcydetuelrb6.png
  • SeleniumFalcon
    edited March 2023
    I did an internet search for "Glotfelty and Polk Audio" and there he is: David Glotfelty, former project manager for Polk Audio, Hopkins graduate and Baltimore native son. Another piece of Polk history.