FOR SALE: Auralic Vega G2 Dac, Streamer & PreAmp with 9" iPad Remote control

Options
treitz3
treitz3 Posts: 18,400
edited February 2023 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
FOR SALE: Auralic Vega G2 Dac, Streamer & PreAmp with 9" high resolution i-Pad Remote control included

Retail: CAD 10,563 - USD 7900

9/10 condition
Smoke Free home(s)

Polk Forum asking Price: $3,333 for both, shipped to your door. Will split insurance.

Reason for sale: Going a different direction with my streaming aspect of the rig.

A lot of engineering has gone into the Vega G2:

- Digital Audio Galvanic Isolation >> Circuit Isolation
- Fully Passive Volume Control >> Zero Signal Loss or alteration
- Signal-independent Timing >> Literally No Jitter
- Dual 72fs Femto Master Clocks >> 72 Quadrillionths of a second accuracy. (1 Pico second = 1000 Femto seconds).
- ORFEO Class-A Output Modules >> Excellent Class A Musicality Output Stage
- Flexible Filter Mode >> Listen your way: Precise, Dynamic, Balanced & Smooth filter modes
- The Tesla Platform >> Quad Core Processing Power for effortless streaming

Reviews & Awards:

"In our test, we were struck by, “the G2’s significantly lower noise, it’s markedly superior rendering of low-level sonic information, it’s clean and clear but never hard or etched-sounding handling of transient sounds, and its downright astonishing three-dimensionality.”
- The Hi-Fi+ Awards - Streamer/Network Player of the Year (https://hifiplus.com/articles/the-hi-fi-awards-digital-audio-components-of-the-year/)

"I don’t know how much better digital audio decoding can get .... Auralic has achieved a new level of performance with the VEGA G2 DAC ... Bottom line: The VEGA G2 is the best DAC I have ever tested."
- Best of Awards: John E. Johnson (https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/dac/auralic-vega-g2-dac-leo-gx-master-clock-review/)

"The Vega G2 ... revealed everything that was there to hear. I don’t remember ever having felt that I was hearing deeper into a recording than I did with this combination of gear. I was beyond impressed."
- Jeff Fritz (https://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php/equipment-menu/873-auralic-vega-g2-streaming-dac-preamplifier)

"The VEGA G2 had a wonderful overall ease to its sound without sounding hard or unnatural. But this ease did not subtract from the DAC’s liveliness. Resolution of transient detail and reproduction of instrumental textures were easily identifiable. All of the above played out over an ultra-quiet background."
- John Darko (https://darko.audio/2018/09/auralic-vega-g2-dac-review/)

"Live recordings sounded especially magical, even the less spectacular ones have a vitality and presence that made them very hard to put down so strong is the sense of palpable reality once your eyes are shut."
- Jason Kennedy (http://www.the-ear.net/review-hardware/auralic-vega-g2-dac-network-streamer-preamplifier)

"Judging by what I am hearing in my system, G2 is reference quality, at distinctly non-reference price points. "
- Danny Kaey (https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/auralic-vega-g2-dac/)

SPECIFICATIONS:

Type: Streaming DAC preamplifier
THD: <0.00015%, balanced <0.00012%
Dynamic Range: single ended <124dB, balanced <130dB
Streaming Inputs: Network shared folder, USB Drive, uPnP/DLNA Media Server, TIDAL and Qobuz streaming, Internet Radio, Songcast (limited), TuneIn (just added within the past month) and more..
Digital Inputs: AES/EBU, Coaxial, Toslink, USB B, Lightning Link, RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet
Analogue input: single ended RCA - 2Vrms maximum with home theater bypass
Supported File/Streaming Formats: AAC, AIFF, ALAC, APE, DFF, DSF, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV, WV and WMA
Supported Digital Formats: PCM up to 384kHz, DSD64 to DSD512
Control Software: Lightning DS for iOS, RC-1 remote handset, OpenHome compatible, uPnP compatible control software, Roon Ready
Network Input: Gigabit Ethernet
USB Input: USB Device to computer or streamer
Outputs: Balanced: one pair of XLR, maximum output at 4.8Vrms
Single-Ended: one pair of RCA, maximum output at 4.8Vrms
Headphone: two 6.35mm stereo headphone jacks
Control Software: AURALiC Lightning DS for iOS, AURALiC Lightning DS for web interface (device settings only), OpenHome compatible control software (BubbleUPnP, Kazoo)
Power Consumption: Playback: 50W at max.
Dimensions – W x D x H: 13.4 x 12.6 x 3.2 in. (34cm x 32cm x 8cm)
Weight: 17.2 lbs. (7.8kg)

Includes:

Auralic Vega G2
Power Cord
Auralic Lightning HDMI Cable
Auralic USB Cable
User Guide
Original Shipping Boxes (double box)
Handling Gloves
Original User Manual

Model:
Vega G2

Type:
Streaming DAC

Color:
Black

Voltage:
120V 50/60Hz

Condition:
9/10: The Vega G2 is flawless. Rated 9 of 10 because it is used and not new.

Functionality:
The Vega G2 has been in use and functions as it should and sounds amazing. No hiccups or glitches with unit or Lightning DS software.

No. of Owners:

Repair History:
None

Data:
All user settings will be erased prior to shipment, so it will arrive to you as if was factory fresh.

Shipping:
Item will ship Double Boxed.
Shipping inside the Continental USA only included.
No International Shipping.
Shipping weight is 25 lbs and the box measures 21x20x11

Payment:
I accept cash if local sale, certified check, M.O., check (will ship after it clears), PayPal but not F&F as I want both of us to be covered.

Stock photos below. If seriously interested, I will provide you with photos PM'd to you upon request.

tletvsjtm2hg.png

ff4ftmr4my7y.png

Thanks for looking. Oh, I'll supply the unit with RCA dust caps as well.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• treitz3
    Options
    Here is a shot of the inside.

u2i4deq3p9kl.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,124
    Options
    Pm sent….
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,102
    Options
    Pm sent….

Dooooo it!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,987
    Options
    @stangman67 here is your upgrade!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,197
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    @stangman67 here is your upgrade!

I was eyeing it for a minute. Beautiful piece but already have a Lumin on order. Somebody is gonna get a great deal here
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,529
    edited February 2023
    Options
    G2 at G1.1 price new.
    Nice piece of kit. GLWTS
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • treitz3
    Options
    FWIW, this unit responds very well to power cord upgrades. With each step you take to improve upstream gear, it brings you closer to the musicians performing in your room instead of just the music playing.

This unit has now been spotted by and is on Hi-Fi Shark. I will reserve the right to (at this price) sell to Club Polk members only at this price.

Tom
  • VR3
    Options
    Do you accept pesos? Asking for a friend
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    Options
    So, I just got off the horn with John (@nooshinjohn). The unit is not spoken for and is still up for sale right now.

He is going to do a bit of research to see if this unit will work with his setup, the way he wants to operate/configure things. He has the https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/197920/the-simaudio-moon-dac-380d-dsd-with-mind that he just got about a month ago.

Tom
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I’ve had a couple of conversations with Tom today about this DAC. It was on my shortlist but I could not find the right deal on one before I got the Simaudio. if I had waited another month, this would be mine already, and I can’t send the same audio back at this point to where I got it from.

Someone is going to score the deal of a lifetime on a fantastic DAC, and Tom is a standup guy beyond reproach. Somebody by this before I change my mind.
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    Options
    yzi084lspvxr.jpg
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    I was fortunate enough to park a Lumin X1 in my home for a couple of weeks to get close to 60
    Hours of serious listening to my personal digital library and was very impressed! This was a like new unit and purely a trial period before I took delivery of the Vega G2 ! All I’m going to say besides price on the used Lumin was little less than the brand new Vega G2 , the Auralic was the clear winner to my ears and I’m a fussy son of a gun critical ta boot !
    This is an amazing opportunity right here ! Oh my goodness! And the Lumin was not the only piece I sent packing FWIW I Trialed 4 or 5 big name streamers, owned several and no looking back ! The G2 is a world class piece of gear and the little monster is sexy as you will ever see! Whoever grabs this will put confused Tom into a tail chasing journey that personally I wouldn’t waste my time or money on so grab this thing and help Tom spin his wheels and spend his dough ! You will be blown away !
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on

• treitz3
    Options
    The new gear will be arriving this Saturday, too late for any other choice at this point.

With that said, can we please keep the conversations to the general forum and not on the actual for sale thread? This is offered up at a price to move.....and I'd like to move it.

I'll keep it here at this price until next Wednesday. After that? It goes up for sale on other venues without some of the perks offered to this forum.

I may regret this decision to sell but....

Tom
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I was fortunate enough to park a Lumin X1 in my home for a couple of weeks to get close to 60
    Hours of serious listening to my personal digital library and was very impressed! This was a like new unit and purely a trial period before I took delivery of the Vega G2 ! All I’m going to say besides price on the used Lumin was little less than the brand new Vega G2 , the Auralic was the clear winner to my ears and I’m a fussy son of a gun critical ta boot !
    This is an amazing opportunity right here ! Oh my goodness! And the Lumin was not the only piece I sent packing FWIW I Trialed 4 or 5 big name streamers, owned several and no looking back ! The G2 is a world class piece of gear and the little monster is sexy as you will ever see! Whoever grabs this will put confused Tom into a tail chasing journey that personally I wouldn’t waste my time or money on so grab this thing and help Tom spin his wheels and spend his dough ! You will be blown away !
    Trying to send you a PM but they won’t let me…

• treitz3
    Options
    Okay, I finally had some time to take some photos today. Also, I'll explain a little bit more about the LightningDS operating system. First off, here is an actual photo of the unit itself in action...

odpvdyhzwcam.png

It has a full color, display on the front that can be seen from across the room in the listening position. This display can be omitted if one chooses and if you do want it, the brightness is adjustable. This photo was taken with the brightness on level 5 (out of 7 different brightness levels)

As you can see, the unit only has one knob and all functions can be controlled by this knob, with the exception of what musical selection you want to listen too. Here's another close up shot of the screen taken from a couple of inches away (not the best camera shot but It'll work)...

x7pq3osvjawh.png

Below, you will see what is on the iPad when looking for/scrolling for a saved song selection from one of your folders/categories of music. This is just one of many. This list is labeled, "Tom's Picks".

ge0wfdqlr0fq.png

The strip at the bottom is what is currently playing on the streamer and controls what functions are enabled (user set). For this shot, I went ahead and enabled the volume control to work. I usually defeated it altogether when playing in my rig. The volume can also be adjusted from the knob in front of the unit, if enabled.

The rest of the screen, you simply scroll up or down and when you see a selection you want to hear, you simply tap on the selection and the Vega G2 will start playing said selection. Now, let's say you want to pull up the artist or album information because it's something you haven't heard before and like it....you simply hit the album icon on the lower tab. This will pull up the album as seen below.

5vdfu6sc90gf.png

Now, down at the bottom right of the album cover, you will see 3 dots in line. If you hit those, it will pull up some options for you.

1 - Add to collection (or <3 )
    2 - Add to playlist (you can choose which playlist it goes into, if you have multiple playlists)
    3 - Share now (never used that function personally)
    4 - View Artist
    5 - Show Credits

Let's say you choose option 4 because you wanted to know more about the artist. It will bring you to a screen as seen below. Some albums have more information than others. If there is a lot of information, then just hit the 3 inline dots again (where the words end abruptly) and it will reveal all of the information.

jd4oh4k1l9k0.png

Now, with that said. Let's say you don't want to set everything via the front knob. I have done it that way and it is easy but let's just say you don't want to do that. Simply go to your computer and type in the Vega's IP address into a browser. Now you can read all about the settings, what they do and adjust everything while you are sitting down, enjoying an adult beverage. Here is a sample of the online screen via the computer. Yours may not be black like this because that's how I adjusted things on my personal computer but this will give you what you can see.

gf00m66sdii6.png

On the computer screen, you have the following options;

gyuiba5nqdmg.png

Each one of these options, gives you a plethora of information about what it does, what it may affect and suggestions for the best playback.

One other mention, switching from Qobuz to Tidal to TuneIn or whatever you have? It's quick and easy. Searches will pull from everything you subscribe too (and I am assuming your server as well, I just don't use a server)

Tom

• treitz3
    Options
    Sale pending.

Thanks for looking.

Tom
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    someone from here?

• treitz3
    Options
    Yup. She will be staying in the family.

Tom
  • VR3
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Osarion
    Osarion Posts: 180
    Options
  • treitz3
    Options
    This beautiful and wonderful sounding unit has now officially been SOLD. I know right now that I will miss this unit more than probably any other piece that has ever come and gone.

The congrat's definitely should go out to @Osarion!

Tom
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    Osarion wrote: »
    B) Thanks Tom!

Congratulations ! You just eliminated all of the tail chasing in the game of streaming and now are the proud owner of one World Class streamer! Pair it with an equally class of power amp (no half stepping) and you’ll never need to look back! 🥂
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Osarion
    Osarion Posts: 180
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Thanks Johnny! Reading all the things you've had to say about this unit over the last couple of years, and all the great things Tom has had to say about it made the decision a no brainer for me!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    If I hadn't just scooped up my Simaudio 380d DSD, I would have jumped on it myself...

• tophatjohnny
    Options
    Osarion wrote: »
    Thanks Johnny! Reading all the things you've had to say about this unit over the last couple of years, and all the great things Tom has had to say about it made the decision a no brainer for me!

You did great on this one! You don’t find End Game streamers like this at an amount that in itself was the no brainer so prepare for a real treat! Looking forward to hearing your reviews once you get this monster up and running!