Installing my friend’s Kronos Pro Limited Edition

2»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Joey, I know folks who have spent (no lie) $380,000.00 just to fly 3 acousticians out to their room. Paid for the flights, room and board....as well as other amenities/meals/pleasantries while they were on site.

All they did was measure and offer advice.

Nothing was purchased, other than knowledge.

Thing is? This was chump change to them in the whole grand scheme of things.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    What's funny (and I may be incorrect here) is that they have the same tracking force tool I as well as many others have....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Today I spent time examine the table and the speakers, listening and playing with the system. I moved the speakers to a position where I preferred the presentation since the owner wanted the sound to be more similar to my Magico system.

I can say, I’m a fan of these Kharma speakers… they are very very good.

The Kronos is a very interesting table in its own right. I’m not sure how I would feel it would do against my own VPI Avenger Reference. It is very quiet, I think moreso than my table, but I’m not sure if it’s the DS audio glossing over certain things or what.

Overall, a very good and honest sound out of the system. The proportions of the staging seem correct. The system sounds grounded. The bass was a bit ripe earlier but the new positioning ameliorates that.lh31qs1jray0.jpeg
    4hviqtzhdbms.jpeg
    2fburo3jjgf4.jpeg
    xueewd5my291.jpeg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    I didn’t get to hear the secondary and tertiary systems. One was Joseph audio Pulsars I believe.

The other one were the stunning SF Electa Amator III.

ruu9zao8wscf.jpeg
    ivrlkwxdbref.jpeg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    My friends be like " could you come over and help me with this _______, and bring some beer? I'm a little short this month.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Amazing how much money we spend to listen to a twenty dollar piece of melted plastic.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Joey_V
    I recall my listening from yesterday, that Kharma Kronos system is special. Sounds complete. The table is very nice, it sounded clean and whole from top to bottom. No deficiency. I could live with that system.

I then heard another good system yesterday night, but there’s a wide gap in performance no matter how you slice it. Fritz speakers sounded pretty decent though.

ceco38zc0y22.jpeg
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    All the care and detail you guys went through here and you couldn't level those diffusers at least for the final photo?!? I'm in the middle of an OCD attack here! Please have your friend send you another photo with them leveled and post it so I can unsee all the other ones! 😳😵‍💫😂

zrwutgorfw8t.jpeg

Definitely quite the rig, though! 👍
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Joey_V
    Lol
    I was like we need a better room for all this gear…
  • Joey_V
    My friend paid me for repositioning his kharmas. Tried to decline but he wouldn’t let me. Super nice dude.lly7o1iwxm4k.jpeg
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    Joey_V wrote: »
    My friend paid me for repositioning his kharmas. Tried to decline but he wouldn’t let me. Super nice dude.lly7o1iwxm4k.jpeg

Hey Joey. Which AQ power cables are those? I'm looking for a Hurrican source.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Joey_V
    tratliff wrote: »

He has a lot of hurricanes
    He is selling a lot of cables

These I believe are thunder or tornado

Not sure
    I think I’m going to reterminate one for the Boulder amp
  • tratliff

Not sure

See if he has a Hurrican source and let me know. Thanks

You need a Dragon for the Boulder.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    My friend paid me for repositioning his kharmas. Tried to decline but he wouldn’t let me. Super nice dude.

Does he need any more friends? I'm available. Just saying.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    audioluvr wrote: »
    My friend paid me for repositioning his kharmas. Tried to decline but he wouldn’t let me. Super nice dude.

Seriously. Couple thousand dollar cables to move some speakers. Count me in!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Joey_V
    stangman67 wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »

Seriously. Couple thousand dollar cables to move some speakers. Count me in!

The book and the LP were real cool too
  • Joey_V

Not sure

I just asked him
    He does have both canes in source and high
  • tratliff

Not sure

I just asked him
    He does have both canes in source and high

Sending you a PM.