Brand new Sony STRAZ5000ES

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,064
Sony is releasing a brand new updated AVR lineup. I just got trained in the new models and I'm very impressed.
They have a new transformer and Caps for better dynamic power. Lot's of cool usable features and I kinda like it a lot.
check it out.

https://www.sonypremiumhome.com/receivers/STR-AZ5000ES.php
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,386
    Options
    Looks like a good option. I didn't know Sony was still in this market but that model appears to have current tech things covered.
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,022
    Options
    Oh wow....
    Looks mucho interesting. Will follow.
  • mantis
    Options
    I'm probably gonna pick one up when they are available to us. They just came out.
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Looks like a good option. I didn't know Sony was still in this market but that model appears to have current tech things covered.

My Last AVR was a Sony STRZA5000es which is almost the exact same model number as the new model. All the did was switch the ZA to AZ. Lazy stuff right there but whatever. This model came out in 2016 model year with the ability to be upgrade VIA firmware and they did that for all these years. The hardware was ahead of it's time.

Sony has not upgraded their AVR line since 2017 when the STRZA1100es , STRZA2100ES and the STRZA3100es came out 1 year after the STRZA5000es model flagship did. Sony has been riding this line up until now. I have been asking Sony 2 years after owning the 5000es model, when the new line is going to come out? Are you guys going to offer separates again? Will you offer this and that feature etc etc etc. They always responded with not at this time.

One thing I guess is nice is that Sony offers a 5 years parts and labor warranty which is excellent especially compared to most 1 to 3 year warranties. They are very well built and all the years I have been installing them , owning them and waiting on the new models, they have worked very well with very little failure. Mine never failed and always worked flawless.

Dan
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,006
    Options
    If you do pick up their new model it will be interesting to hear your thoughts. Sony ES series line were superb gear back in the day. It would be nice to see if they are serious about their new additions. They have tough competition but if anyone can pull it off Sony certainly can. Their 5 yr warranty is certainly a step in the right direction to grab your attention...now, how do they sound is the million dollar question?
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,386
    Options
    Just noticed the remote control on the new receiver looks really cheap.

But there's also an AZ7000ES model: https://www.sonypremiumhome.com/receivers/STR-AZ7000ES.php

Adds a couple more amp channels to do 13.2 amplified channels and some cosmetic stuff on the rear panel. The AZ5000ES is likely the bigger seller and better deal.
  • mantis
    Options
    If you do pick up their new model it will be interesting to hear your thoughts. Sony ES series line were superb gear back in the day. It would be nice to see if they are serious about their new additions. They have tough competition but if anyone can pull it off Sony certainly can. Their 5 yr warranty is certainly a step in the right direction to grab your attention...now, how do they sound is the million dollar question?
    I will absolutely review it. Right now it's my top choice for many reasons.

Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Just noticed the remote control on the new receiver looks really cheap.

But there's also an AZ7000ES model: https://www.sonypremiumhome.com/receivers/STR-AZ7000ES.php

Adds a couple more amp channels to do 13.2 amplified channels and some cosmetic stuff on the rear panel. The AZ5000ES is likely the bigger seller and better deal.

I so agree, I held it and it feels like the lower end model receivers. Put that doesn't mean much to me , I have control system. I use Total Control.
    Dan