VinylMePlease.com - Thoughts?

Options
Ran across this video today and seems interesting, especially after looking over the website. Just curious if any of the LP folks here are already members or have any feedback?

https://youtu.be/CCIT6UnS3O8

https://www.vinylmeplease.com
Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM

Comments

• CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 366
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I was a member years back. The pressings and packaging seemed like good quality to me, I was happy with pretty much everything I got from them. I may not be as picky as some people though.

They have a lot of cool colored pressings if you’re into that. I have not really considered buying anything from them in recent years because everything they do seems super expensive. Nice, but expensive. I have also scaled back my purchases of vinyl considerably, so that definitely plays a role too.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Good perspective, thanks, CC! I've got a fairly diverse taste when it comes to music and like to try new stuff. A number of years ago, I probably couldn't have said that. Sounds like you can opt out of their monthly choice before it comes and pick something else in their library or take a credit of some kind, though, so that'd work if/when the oddball "record of the month" popped up.

I just recently got back into LPs, but have never really had any high-quality pressings. That part of it interests me much more than the colored part of it, but they do have some cool-looking ones!

I'm not sure how I feel about the cost of it yet. If the quality is there, that makes a big difference, though.
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM