PSA: Postal Rates Increase Tomorrow

If you need stamps or have been waiting to post a letter, today's the day! Rates going up tomorrow!

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/national-releases/2022/1007-usps-announces-new-prices-for-2023.htm

Comments

• No doubt about that!
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    I'm sure they'll be extra careful with well-packed audio gear at the extra 4.2% inflationary adjustment.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • They snuck in the fact that insurance rates are going up, too.

Fun fact: During college I worked at the USPS postal sorting facility at an airport over three consecutive winter breaks to earn some spending money for the rest of each school year. I saw how the sausage was made, and I'm pretty sure the word "careful" wasn't in the training manual. It was a great job, though. $16/hour, since I worked over the higher-paying 10pm-6am shift. That was A LOT of money for a kid who went to a state college in the '90s.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Overseas package arrives at my local PO 1/19. Great, I'll get it Friday 1/20 as expected. Oh no wait, it goes to a PO one county over and tracking says "missent"...gee ya think!?! No action when I checked this morning, so I call that PO to see if I can just pick it up. Oh no, we sent it on. Me, where? Them, I can't tell you. AFUseless!

Checked again a few ago and now it's in the city...WTF!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    My favorite is it shows delivered before it's delivered.
    Welcome to the usps.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Sometimes it has been delivered.. To D-Bone and now it resides at an undisclosed pawn-broker location.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    My favorite is it shows delivered before it's delivered.
    Welcome to the usps.

Even better, my sorting USPS office is 45 min drive away. They deliver your package at 2 a.m.to my local USPS office, yet they do not "receive" your package for 3days. Instead it will say "accepted" from sorting facility. Which means they do not start any delivery processing until it's received.....
    Follow that? After it's "received" then it must be "sorted" that could take 2 days before it's sorted to deliver.....
    It like WTF folks!

I real glad they streamlined the processes.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Someone woke up, my package was delivered today....shakes head
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited January 2023
    Every day I see this thread and the title reads "Postal Rates Increase Tomorrow".

I guess they keep putting it off.