Freight man is here: one day my wife will kill me

124»

Comments

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Those look like Jesses risers @F1nut Not expensive but not commercially available
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Jesses riser
    I have 4 of them
    Quite stable
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116
    Yep, those are some sleek looking speakers for sure. I too dig the carbon fiber, they would have been a great addition and a show stopper if I'd had a pair of those set up in my pits when I was racing :smile:

So, out of curiosity I looked those speakers up to peak under the hood, especially when I read in the OP's post that they sound better than his B&W's....(I'm like, what??) And now, after cruising through the website, all I want to do is throw my set up in the trash.

Nice score Joey
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Joey_V wrote: »
    The original Mini 2 are still hefty in comparison

84ru0u6j25qn.jpeg

The speakers on the stands will be great rears😊
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Joey_V

84ru0u6j25qn.jpeg

I will see if I need to sell the mini or move them to the game room
    Not sure it’ll get a lot of use there though
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952

84ru0u6j25qn.jpeg

I will see if I need to sell the mini or move them to the game room
    Not sure it’ll get a lot of use there though

They would get plenty of use in my living room joey, just sayin!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Would make a sweet karma for your friends on the forum. Buddy. Pal. :p
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    road tour! I'm in!! :D
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    I'll give you $250 for em, straight up.
  • ^ That’s a slap in the face offer….
    $255 I’ll take em 🤣
  • Joey_V
    Lol
    I don’t know if I’m in a position to karma those haha
  • Joey_V
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    Yep, those are some sleek looking speakers for sure. I too dig the carbon fiber, they would have been a great addition and a show stopper if I'd had a pair of those set up in my pits when I was racing :smile:

So, out of curiosity I looked those speakers up to peak under the hood, especially when I read in the OP's post that they sound better than his B&W's....(I'm like, what??) And now, after cruising through the website, all I want to do is throw my set up in the trash.

Nice score Joey
    Don’t get me wrong
    There are tracks where the BW may smoke the m2

But that’s not how it’s supposed to be

The same trait that heightens the experience w some tracks also detracts from others

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Lol

6rydkb293oij.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Lol

Oh I’ll pay…to make up for the steep discount we will give your littles piano and guitar lessons…he’ll I’ll even throw in some literature and philosophy lessons as a free bonus!

P.s. I’m still waiting for you to be done with that baby grand piano…I’ve been looking for one for the wife and kids…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited January 2023
    Whatever guys, I'll throw in a can of pure Canadian maple syrup and a box full of snow. Pm coming with my shipping address 😄
  • Joey_V
    Mmmm maple syrup
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Wow just Wow Joey nice very nice!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Joey_V
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Wow just Wow Joey nice very nice!

Thx!
    Now to finish up set up
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Fascinating, this audio journey of yours. Congrats man! I am a little hazy with your audio room upstairs since I was there some time ago. I would take the crate and create a sliding barn door to your audio room. Just swap out the crate barn door as you move on to others. Haha

Regards,
    halen
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    halen wrote: »
    Fascinating, this audio journey of yours. Congrats man! I am a little hazy with your audio room upstairs since I was there some time ago. I would take the crate and create a sliding barn door to your audio room. Just swap out the crate barn door as you move on to others. Haha

Regards,
    halen

You mean lazy Susan.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus