Definitive Mythos STS help

Options
Hello, have a pair of Mythos STS speaker that I repaired kind of. I have the pots bypassed on both which causes the bass to be pretty loud. Looking for a replacement potentiometer for them. Anyone have a schematic? Struck out at Deftech their support has really dwindled since COVID and the Sound United merger.

Comments

• Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Clean the pot, measure resistance at both ends of the adjustment range. Find something similar that fits in the space allocated on the circuit board.

MAYBE cleaning the pot and working the adjustment back-and-forth awhile is all the thing needs to be usable again. Worth a try.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    You can't run them without a Volume control. At wide open , the bass is way over bearing and not matching to the Speaker in anyway. Cleaning the Pot might fix it, well worth the try. I'm surprised Def Tech can't help you with this.
    If all goes wrong and you really like the Mythos system, hit me up. I'm most likely going to sell mine in the near future. I have the larger and replaced the amps in them Mythos ST . I also have 3 Mythos 10's all in excellent condition and I have the boxes manuals wall mounts etc for everything.
    I even have brand new crossovers for 1 Mythos 10 and 2 for the 2 ST towers new in a box.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • puunda
    puunda Posts: 116
    Options
    I actually have a spare pot for the STS somewhere. In fact I've got the whole assembly with the speaker and RCA inputs. Happy to give it to you (if I can find it), however I am in Australia, so shipping will be crazy expensive.