Freight man is here: one day my wife will kill me

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    We are having another gathering tonight, let’s hope we get work done rather than drinking and listening
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    It seems you need a better general contractor in this instance. You my friend just do not have the JUICE to get the job done. You had better either step up or put the little lady in charge of the refreshments. Once the new speakers are in place then refreshment will be served.
  • Get after it and stay focused.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Power the system down, and disconnect the old speakers before anyone arrives. Don't turn it back on until the new speakers are in-place.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    His old Magicos are pretty heavy too though, he may need help moving those around as well.
  • jdjohn
    Just disconnect the cables...thinking that could be done without actually moving them, but that may be a bad assumption on my part.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Joey_V
    The tweeters look good
    na2mvd8g5shq.jpeg
    faah9c4ovtvc.jpeg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    The carnage
    fhe6end76hy1.jpeg
  • jdjohn
    3z5l7ls2ikr3.png
  • Joey_V
    “Dad, where’d you get this skate ramp?”
    “Do we get to keep it?”
    “Can we draw chalk on it?”
    “Can I draw a rainbow?”
  • jdjohn
    Well...at least the PJs are different.

Do you have a wood-burning fireplace???
  • Joey_V
    Skate park closed
    Garage cleaned up and blown clean
    Wife’s happy
    Now I’m off to the room to see how it Sounds
    Hopefully it doesn’t suck
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Congratulations!

I presume that the coiled speaker cables is just temporary? Those are some mighty fine lookin' speakers, if I do say so myself. Sexy, if you will.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Sexy

Enjoy and report back as necessary.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,492
    edited January 2023
    Your Taekwondo training is working. No footprints on the carpeting. :o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVVqBlcTjHU
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Joey_V
    edited January 2023
    nqmc3pgwd45d.jpeg
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Congratulations!

I presume that the coiled speaker cables is just temporary? Those are some mighty fine lookin' speakers, if I do say so myself. Sexy, if you will.

Tom

Good eye Tom!
    The audioquest wels are going back to California to get reterminated into a single end/single end
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    Speakers look great, dig the carbon fiber!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Great looking speakers Joey!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Very nice.
    Like the carbon.
  • Joey_V
    If I kneel in front of one of them, they still sound complete
    Not bright but not muted
    The tone is just right
  • Joey_V
    I need a little more time with them but I can say they sound better than anything I’ve had before thus far and it’s not tuned to the room yet.

Better than the SF Strads, Rockport Avior, BW 802d3, BW 802d2, Focal Kanta 2, Sonus Faber Olympica 3.

I have a dealer looking at one issue, stay tuned.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Joey_V wrote: »
    If I kneel in front of one of them, they still...

That's what she said...

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    Good heavens they are stunning!! You have one week to collect your jaw off the floor & report back with at least a mini review!! Congrats 🎉
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Joey_V
    Good heavens they are stunning!! You have one week to collect your jaw off the floor & report back with at least a mini review!! Congrats 🎉

Thanks!

Once the dealer clears me, I’m gonna get really into listening
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Joey_V wrote: »
    svjmf9o5lsn0.jpeg

Interesting cable riser, where did you buy it from? Were they expensive?