Freight man is here: one day my wife will kill me

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Looks like this what I’m up against tonight:
    o58hc4ndmnh0.jpeg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Well, the casters should help.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Set up delayed
    Sent on errands by the ceo
    Chores before play.
    Cute kids. I dare you to say something to your wife about them still being in their PJs at 4 in the afternoon. Go on, do it...it'll be hilarious.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Joey_V
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Set up delayed
    Sent on errands by the ceo
    Chores before play.
    Cute kids. I dare you to say something to your wife about them still being in their PJs at 4 in the afternoon. Go on, do it...it'll be hilarious.

Haha
    I changed them and we all went to taekwondo, got the kids out of my wife’s hair for the afternoon so I’m sure she appreciates that. I have seen her go into the garage more times than normal.

Maybe it’s to get stuff out of the freezer… or maybe it’s something else…

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Looks like they shorted you on the helpers, they could have fit at least a dozen more in that crate......
    Maybe they doubled up on the next one....fingers crossed😉
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I have seen her go into the garage more times than normal.

Maybe it’s to get stuff out of the freezer… or maybe it’s something else…
    In order to make room for putting somethingone else in the freezer. Have you seen the movie, "Bernie", with Jack Black??? You Texas guys probably know all about that story.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    awesome. congrats Joey
    and Happy New Year
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited January 2023
    Congrats Joey.

Well at least they (your kids) like them.

Maybe the wife is going in the garage and taking pictures of them to put on Facebook Marketplace.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Sweet! Big crate!

Congrats!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited January 2023
    Maybe it’s to make room in the freezer… or maybe it’s something else…
    fixed...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Joey_V
    Now to get my friends to come by and assist with lifting. Let’s go!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Now to get my friends to come by and assist MY WIFE with lifting. Let’s go!
    The freezer awaits...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Joey_V
    edited January 2023
    ^^^

I’m so screwed
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Go watch Rear Window.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Eh, better to ask for forgiveness than permission. With the weight of those, I'll wait to congratulate you when they actually get to where they are going. The fat lady hasn't started singing yet.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Clipdat
    165lb each. Wow.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Well at least his wife can't move them.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Joey_V
    Methinks I’m gonna wrap the whole unit in
    Clipdat wrote: »
    165lb each. Wow.

That’s light because the m2’s whole unit is a carbon fiber tub

The m3 is older tech so it is carbon wings with aluminum structure and while it has 1 bass driver more, it is 320lb

I didn’t want to be dealing with something that heavy

The m2 is newer tech to the m3, both still current gen models.

M6 is same tech as m2.

M9 better obviously.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    If you decide to trade these in for the 320 pound models, I approve that decision

Just throwing that out there
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Obligatory "Where the **** is the review, Joey?" post.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    Nice pickup.
    I mean set down. :#
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Now I can show my significant other this thread to take the heat off me buying Legend L600's....lol :p

Nah, she knew I bought them, she never asked how much...lol. I didn't volunteer. She doesn't understand my audio hobby. A phone and a bluetooth speaker would be fine for her. But she tolerates it and does enjoy listening to the gear.

Nice stuff Joey!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    Been a day since Joey_V last posted. Anyone close enough to go check his freezer?

Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing the final placement.....might want to check the crates and see what's (who's) in there.....
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    He could probably care less about us right now because they are set up and he's listening....

I mean, wouldn't you be?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~