Can a 8 ohm LSiM706c and 4 ohm L600s be connected to same amp or receiver?

2»

Comments

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Great to hear those L600’s are being enjoyed!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • stangman67 wrote: »
    Great to hear those L600’s are being enjoyed!

100%! That was such a win-win for the both of us!
  • stangman67 wrote: »
    I will tell you, Polk swears the LSIM and reserve/legend series are in fact timbre matched

While I certainly am unqualified to make a statement regarding timbre matching here, I will say that in over 7 months of listening I never noticed anything 'off'. It just sounds great. The only reason I might possibly change the 706c is for esthetics.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    I am fully with you, that is one of the main reasons I didn’t stick with the L600s when that whole situation happened, I didn’t want to be on the hook to spend 2K on the L400 regardless of the timbre matching. Little did I know those decisions led to me spending way way way more than that 2K and ditching my HT setup completely.

I am incredible glad they are working out for you, and glad to see you are sticking around the forum
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    playzoffs wrote: »
    I know from prior experience that the HTS models will throttle the power on an amp that's that powerful.

Huh???
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited September 2023
    Monster Power unit (“ Home Theatre Reference Powercenter HTS 1600”).

LOL I had to go back this morning as well, it was a head scratcher. :D
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    I suspect the warning in the manual is because of the rare occasion when someone tried to have the amp switch on and off from the auxiliary power outlets that used to be included on some AV receivers. Those outlets couldn't provide much power at all.

Why are you just repeating what Emyln already said on page 1??
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • pitdogg2
    halo71 wrote: »
    I suspect the warning in the manual is because of the rare occasion when someone tried to have the amp switch on and off from the auxiliary power outlets that used to be included on some AV receivers. Those outlets couldn't provide much power at all.

Why are you just repeating what Emyln already said on page 1??
    Most likely a spammer testing the waters. Just signed up at 3:50ish a.m. gone at 4:10ish a.m.

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    This is how bots work, folks.

I bet jameswookyz has no clue that "his" nickname is "Jim" because it wasn't written into "his" algorithm. :p
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 28
    I am incredible glad they are working out for you, and glad to see you are sticking around the forum
    spam links removed

As I suspected, @jameswookyz is a spammer, He will be dealt with quickly.