WFH setup 1.2

EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
edited November 2022 in 2 Channel Audio
COVID changed things for most companies, mine included.

During the pandemic they had us work from home, so I setup myself a little system in my “office”.

o4n0c5hvs88h.jpeg

Then some health concerns arose (ironically due to working from home) so I needed to be more mobile during the day. So I purchased manual sit stand legs for my desk.

7fucanpr6olu.jpeg

ghuvf8hrfufc.jpeg

6w9jn21obxbc.jpeg

However as a result I lost the cabinet under my desk and for the last 6 months I had to shelve my system while I figured out how to best incorporate it without making it look cheap and gangly.

This weekend I made the first large move towards that and finally have music back. I purchased a hanging mount meant for a computer for my pre-amp, and a 1U wall mount rack (that I mounted vertically lol) for my power supply.

ypiwhivd99fz.jpeg

s2arieiyc8ao.jpeg

nniudmu7muo2.jpeg

3tfqlvyoxsxx.jpeg

vsq01ggx7r1j.jpeg

img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021930/uploads/editor/15/5irsutkkwnc6.jpeg[/img]

1n0m0kcr9og0.jpeg

I’m still not done (so don’t judge the tiring yet). I’ve got some additional purchases to make but am spacing them out over the next few weeks. What’s left is:
Once those are added it should clean things up immensely and I can then add my little dot tube amp back and maybe a nixie clock.

Sources:
Pre-Amp:
Speakers/Sub:

Power:

Cables:
  • Audioquest YIQ-G component cable (Pi -> HK Signature)
  • MIT EXP (HK Signature -> Eris 3.5)
  • Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 (HK Signature -> Sub 8)
  • Cullen Cable (Tripplite Isobar PDU -> Wellbourne linear powersupply)

Headphone setup: coming soon

Future upgrades I would like to try which may include:
  • C7 cable for Eris 3.5 (likely Audioquest or Pangea)
  • Better powercables for the Sub8 and Little Dot 1+ (nothing fancy, just something better than stock). I do have a super beefy Tributary 12 foot cable but its like Pangea AC9 thickness so not too sure it will be easy to route cleanly.
  • IsoAcoustic ISO-130 stands
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
Post edited by EndersShadow on

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Come out of the closet brah! It's 2022...

😂
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Dude, that's a closet.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Come out of the closet brah! It's 2022...

😂
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Dude, that's a closet.

Nope the back 6 feet of said closet now identifies as “Dans office”.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Waaaaaaaa identities........ my sides hurt😂😂😂