Aldi's

Options
2»

Comments

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Wegman's. Used to shop there a lot in the 1980's.
    They expanded out of upstate N.Y. over the years.
    Their deli and baked goods were very good. Shopped there
    for a few things on vacation. Then came back here.
    It was luncktime and the wife was tired. I stopped at Kroger
    and grabbed some salid mix and a rotisserie chicken.
    I would have been better off to eat an old belt. How do you
    screw up chicken that bad? I really hate them.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options
    For us in Georgia, Aldi is the leader for gluten-free foods, for quality, variety, & $ing

OTOH they’re deserving of a “black eye” for a couple of preferred* GF items their “ivory tower” considers seasonal🤪🙃 such as ravioli. Given that the “GF life” is far from the same I plan to send them an inquiry for “why?” soon.

Side note: Trader and Aldi share the same parent company

Buon divertimento!
    (Enjoy!)
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,279
    Options
    I like their specialty selected brand stuff it's always been excellent. They have come a long way since moving into our area years ago.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Aldi soup is pretty good. They carry some German brands that taste
    nothing like our's.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    For Aldi, we get their cheese, smoked salmon (basically Lox), some of their dips, veggies, and believe it or not, they have a Sushi grade Ahi Tuna that I can sear and serve rare.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Can’t beat the fruit and vegetable prices. I go there and Costco and Sam’s for everything. They also have double your money back if not happy. You get the same item again plus your money back. Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”