Nakamichi Dragon 7-disc CD Changer / DAC; Remote (Rare)

Options
I have never seen this before, interesting looking piece, but for $3,399.00? um no thanks, I wonder what it went for new back in the 90"s.

2qu8wof1plft.png

https://tmraudio.com/components/cd-sacd-players/nakamichi-dragon-7-disc-cd-changer-dac-remote-rare/

Comments

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    WOW! Very cool! I've never seen those before either.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    H9 is the resident Nak expert, I believe. I know they made some fantastic cassette decks and even had a killer turntable, but way too expensive for my peasant arse.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    Bluebook says made in 96-97 with 20 bit dac. and retailed for $9,700. Agreed; easy pass here
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options
    First for me. I had seen and lusted for many of their cassette decks.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    I used a lot of their cassette decks back in the day, they definitely had the best sound quality, although some of their models spent a lot of time on the repair bench, the 700 especially. But other models worked great and nobody could touch them for best sound. I’ve never seen one of these before but wow they look fantastic.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Worth 500 tops
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,519
    Options
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    And sold already... I wish I had seen this earlier. It was way underpriced IMHO for what it represented. It was the best when it was made and still top tier today, even though SACD was not part of it's feature set.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Options
    Doesn't seem like it's just the lighting, but the wood finish looks different between the components. May not be an original matched set. Anyway, the condition isn't that great either apart from that.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    About $10K, it was the best of the best for that time period. As we all know the world of digital changes pretty quickly. Something like that holds a value only for a collector and because of it's rarity. I'm sure it still sounds great. It is a work of art

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 999
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Five

Whoops, that was supposed to go to the wife.
    Apologies, I don’t see a way to delete it.