POLKFEST 2022 - Oct 7-9 THE OFFICIAL THREAD

Ok folks, this will be here before you know it so let's get talking about it and making some plans.

Like the preceding PF's.....this is a multi-day event.

Friday afternoon/evenin everyone is welcome to come over and we eat, drink, socialize and listen to some music.

Saturday is the main fiesta. We listen to music, eat, drink etc etc. General kickoff is around noon and we go until we stop.

Sunday, everyone is welcome to come over.....hang out, pop a couple of aspirin and say our farewells.

Charleston is a BEAUTIFUL place to bring to visit so if you have family members who could give two turds about audio....there is plenty to do. I am minutes from downtown, the airport and several hotels so it's a pretty good spot for it. That being said, this is a family friendly event.....we have lots of non-audiophile attendees and they all seem to have a good time

For those who haven't been to the Rancho de No Concerno......I've got a decent selection of gear (Polk L800's/MF Tr Vista/hot rodded Rega P6/modded Oppo) and (Carver Plat's MkIV/ MF A1008/Modwright SACD/VPI Scoutmaster) and a decent library of music.

If you've never been to one here.....it's a pretty low stress event. You don't need to know anyone, and you don't need to bring anything. Just comeand have a good time....TLW and I really try to provide everything you need to have a good time.

I'm going to reach out to Polk....and they have supported PF in the past but if your expectations are for a corporate event with corporate swag and so forth, eh, not so much. This is, primarily, a homegrown social event. We talk about this every time....but it's always a blast.

Anyhow....it's official and it's ON. Mark your calendars and make your plans.

The FEST is ON!!!
I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    There!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    We are 60 days out......make your plans!!!
  • VR3
    Yes!!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Bump
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I am still trying to get out of running Karaoke that night to go!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • VR3
    Do it!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Brian, don't be a tease....

Ya' comin' or not broskizzle?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • I really wanted to be there this year, but I found out yesterday that my nephew is coming home from the Airforce that weekend after being deployed for the last year, so I will be welcoming him home that weekend. Maybe next year...
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • VR3
    Polk fest! This weekend!!
  • TroyD
    Woop! Woop!
  • treitz3
    Hotel booked? Check.

Date confirmed? Check.

Adult drinks still not outlawed? Check.

Music available? Check.

Casa De Troy and TLW not flooded after the hurricane? Check.

Not having Trey strapped to my hood this year? *sad*

The bug pickin' out of Trey's front grill last year was so much fun for all (especially when we brought out the pressure washer B) ) .....what are we gonna do for fun now? It damned sure had better not be to watch me dance....People will be SO disappointed.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • treitz3
    Leaving tomorrow......

The time has come once again to have some good ol' audio fun.

Tom
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Good luck, everyone have fun. I hope it's a decent turnout. It just wasn't in the cards for me this year. Post lots of pics.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • TroyD
    Going to be a small crowd but still going to be a GREAT time!!!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    No pics, no hello's, what up guys
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    uytgnb2pws60.jpg
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Sorry I couldn't make it. Too many other things going on at the moment. Please tell Flo hello for me.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    o4vof1r2c2pk.jpg
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I don't even want to know what is going on here...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    Definitely open to interpretation
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited October 2022
    VR3 wrote: »
    Definitely open to interpretation

Well I see a dead dog on the floor sooo whatever came out of Toms exhaust was deadly......
  • TroyD
    We are having an absolute blast!!!
    F1nut wrote: »
    Sorry I couldn't make it. Too many other things going on at the moment. Please tell Flo hello for me.

Totally get it brother!! TLW and I will be bringing the party to you in the near future.

SAY IT!!!

• TroyD
    VR3 wrote: »
    o4vof1r2c2pk.jpg

Assuming the position!

• treitz3
    We had a blast! Pics to come....

Tom
  • VR3
    As always Troy and Wendi are the perfect host, they always are the most welcoming and amazing folks. They make Polk fest great, my daughter immediately fell in love with both of them and everyone else haha

Great time this year for sure! Already looking forward to next year!

The L800 and tri Vista combo is very nice! They easily fill the space with great sound
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Awesome pics!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.