No Power on the PSW111

I can't get the power on on my PS111 subwoofer. I've tried replacing the cables and trying different outlets but I'm getting nothing. What should I do? If I replace the phuse will that work and what phuse do I need?

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Take the fuse out and look at the numbers on the fuse. That will let you know what type of fuse is needed. Try replacing the fuse first and if that doesn't work, get back to us and we can steer you in the right direction.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • If memory serves it should be a 250V 1.6A slow blow fuse.
  • Thanks for the replies. I just tried a few different new fuses and it's still not working. What's the next step?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Take the plate amp off and take a couple of photos. Post them here.

Is there any LED that comes on, if so, what color does it shine?

I don't know if Polk still makes these plate amps anymore but it wouldn't be worth servicing them, unless you know electronics (which I take it you aren't too familiar with troubleshooting procedures and board repairs). That said, another plate amp, if available, would be your best option.

Or, you can consider this an opportunity to upgrade to a better sub.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • No LED comes on when the power is on and plugged in.

I could get a new one if push came to shove.