Audiolund Cables

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,020
edited June 2022 in 2 Channel Audio
So for those following the Carolina gathering thread, we tried the digital cable at the tail end of the event with excellent results.

I decided to order a set of their Xtreme Rca interconnects, which arrived yesterday.

Audiolund uses Duelund DCA wiring in their products. Their highest tiers uses all silver or a mix of duelund dca with silver. I opted for no silver as I have found that to not work in my system.

Either way, these cables are insanely well built. I plan to listen to the rca ics today!highly recommend checking out the website.

The digital cable made quick work of the wire world digital cable I had been using.

https://audiolund.com/product/xtreme-series-interconnect-rca/w5f5c7l1mv9w.jpg

9cj1zqmr8cov.jpg
a4i53jorvb62.jpg
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    I am in the market for an upgraded 75 ohm digital cable. I've always been an MIT guy, but they are so expensive and used is few and far between. I have been using a Blue Jeans cable for years, but it's time for something new.

Looking forward to your impressions, specifically on the digital cable. Build looks fantastic

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • VR3
    Options
    Yeah I am using the xtreme digital cable, I'll post more thoughts on that as well. I plan to listen more before installing the analog cables.

All prices are Singapore dollars so it's a little less usd
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    They have the same look as Acoustic Zen absolute or matrix. I wonder if they use the same wire or supplier?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    Is "Western Electric vintage sound" like saying their non-Silver cables are warm and tube like and their Silver based cables aren't?
  • VR3
    Options
    The tin plated copper duelund wire has an amazingly musical sound to me. Great tone, texture detail, bass... Staging, great layering.

He is using the duelund dca polycast wiring versus the oil baked cloth...

I am very curious to compare the ics to my oil baked cloth, Unshielded duelund ics with the duelund rca connectors...
  • VR3
    edited June 2022
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    They have the same look as Acoustic Zen absolute or matrix. I wonder if they use the same wire or supplier?

My understanding is they are all hand made, beyond the duelund wire and silver wire he uses, he uses dampening and shielding and then installs in a tech flex

The ics use 2x 16 GA and a x 20 GA duelund polycast wiring per leg, 8 wires per cable or 16 per set.

This is the 16 awg wire https://audiolund.com/product/z2-duelund-16awg-dca16ga600v-tin-plate-copper-hookup-wire-600vdc-rated/
  • VR3
    Options
    The digital cable has an absolutely unmistakable clarity to the top end. Listening now and it is the same as the first time I fired it up with Tom here. On the first song, the high frequencies are so clean and clear, layered... We both heard aspects to a song I am very familiar with and we listened to multiple times that day.

Just remarkably clear top end and low end details... Fantastic staging as well
  • VR3
    Options
    Standard cloth baked duelund versus audiolund

gau9dkhr6lea.jpg
  • VR3
    Options
    So initial impressions are very positive. Similar top end and low end but extremely good midrange and weight which was already very good on the stock duelund. Just intense imaging. I really enjoyed it

Definitely looking forwards to listening more tomorrow
  • VR3
    Options
    Just hooked up the ethernet cables and the difference is... Surprising to say the least. I honestly expected nothing but the air in the high frequency is... Kind of startling.

Very impressed with all of the cables I have tried so far

hr1loaupe34c.jpg
    oppvycso2jbv.jpg
  • VR3
    Options
    I listened about 5 hours yesterday, I was texting folks about my impressions during the listening sessions but I am honestly blown away by how different the system sounds with these cables. They truly changed every aspect of the setup. I went in expecting truly no change in sound to really having to sit down and take it all in. The price is not outrageous, each cable is around $150 each... tremendous value
  • erniejade
    Options
    I think I might give the Ethernet cables a try. They look built.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • VR3
    Options
    You won't be disappointed. I changed the cable from the modem to the router and from the router to the streamer
  • VR3
    Options
    Well..... After 6 or so hours of labor... 4 x 2.5 inch holes, pvc pipe sleeves...

Speaker wires are installed!

lvcr2o7fg6g7.jpg
    cmewboencmla.jpg
    4ngml11tjlxd.jpg
    5s1l1fo4qx7s.jpg
    mv0fv85kpcdr.jpg
    6740ikf4470d.jpg
    hlmui4kayrs1.jpg
    lgjq385aml1s.jpg

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Can you pull the speakers out a little further for your near field listening times? Looks great for such a tight area to work in.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Options
    Thanks man, definitely an endeavor!

I started by rolling the speakers into place snd then running the cables to the cubby.

Literally the exact length of what i needed for it all to work, hardly any extra... 15 ft
  • erniejade
    Options
    Looks great. Thats a lot of work!
  • VR3
    Options
    Thanks man

I really enjoy the sound of everything.

My thoughts on the audiolund speaker cables

*silence, zero noise... Whatever noise floor I had left appears to be eerily gone... It is hard to explain
    *authorative bass
    *the top end is free of any artifacts, sibilance... Just a very smooth presentation

I am constantly seeking out forms of compression, artifacts and distortions and this is honestly the first time I can say I'm very close to that goal.

The speaker cables removed the last bit that I sensed. I really like duelund wire and I really like these cables that audiolund makes.
  • VR3
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Power and network cables
    kv2fxiuj8qlc.jpg
    ixvoz6hh7rno.jpg
    55o7aejvjb56.jpg
    57xayt0afg65.jpg
    rz8rt73gqqbx.jpg

bdqjlu1w95vq.jpg
    nygb048sx1l7.jpg
    djj2z70ietym.jpg
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    I want a larger view of your rack Trey. IIRC it’s got a interesting configuration
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    edited November 2022
    Options
    4bajrab2p7zj.jpg

There's a top shelf not in the picture that has the network stuff and the ht gear is on the right. Not an up to date of as well, I secured all of the dangling power cables and such