replaced polyswitches in sda 2.3's

Greetings to all! Thanks to this forum, I was able to get some excellent information on repairs to my sda 2.3's. SeleniumFalcon and pitdogg2 very kindly supplied photos of the polyswitches, so I was able to readily identify them. Thank you both for your assistance! I got the new resistors and gold-plated binding posts in from parts-express and put them in today. Also, thanks to a post by F1nut, I spent all day yesterday putting armacell foam behind all drivers and hurricane nuts as needed for stripped out screws. Did I find any that we're stripped? The better question would be did I find any that were not stripped! I ended up putting in 19 hurricane nuts - all but 2 we're stripped out on the passive radiators. After all repairs, the sound has improved substantially. The muffled sound is gone, the bass has tightened up beautifully and the speakers are starting to sound like I always thought they could. Also thanks to F1nut, I moved the speakers out from the wall about 5 inches which also helped a lot. Still can't figure out why that should make an improvement , but it does. So the only thing left now is swapping out the sl2000 tweeters for the rdo-194's. Hope they'll be as good as some say. I wanted to let everyone know that I took the interconnect cord out just to see if there would be a difference - there was - I was going to leave it out for a couple of days, but couldn't. The sound immediately went 2-dimensional and some how flat sounding in comparison - had to put 'em back in after 10 minutes. SDA really works. Thanks to all for your help - wilyJ

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Also, thanks to a post by F1nut, I spent all day yesterday putting armacell foam behind all drivers

Say what!?! I never said to put Armacell foam anywhere in or on anything. Just the opposite!!!

Did you install Armacell instead of BH5 or Sonic Barrier on the back wall?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk