PSW111 starts clicking. Is it worth to repair?

I have PSW111 subwoofer for about 7 years. It started clicking (not too loud, intermittent) as soon as it's powered, even if it's disconnected from the source.

Since it's pretty old, I'm trying to decide should I send it to service (it's heavy and shipping will not be cheap) or just buy a new one and try to get a little money for old one.

What is your advice? You experience in similar case?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Answer ✓
    Hello and welcome to Club Polk.

First off, you wouldn't need to ship the entire sub....just the plate amp, if it can be serviced. You might want to look at someone who has a sub for sale that can't seem to sell it and offer him/her $$$ to ship you just the plate amp.

The 8" driver isn't really a "sub", per se either. It's more like a mid bass module.

You may want to entertain the thought of upgrading your sub to something that could offer you a little more displacement.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Answers

• var
    var Posts: 2
  • Fabio_rm
    Fabio_rm Posts: 39
    edited August 2022
    var wrote: »
    I have PSW111 subwoofer for about 7 years. It started clicking (not too loud, intermittent) as soon as it's powered, even if it's disconnected from the source.

Since it's pretty old, I'm trying to decide should I send it to service (it's heavy and shipping will not be cheap) or just buy a new one and try to get a little money for old one.

What is your advice? You experience in similar case?

Thank you!

If you search in the forum, many people have similar problems on PSW110, PSW111, PSW125, normally they solve replacing some power supply capacitors