Possible Scam Attempt

2»

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Roland01 tried to sell me an L400...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Tell him you only carry rubles
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Ask him if he has a beard and all his teeth are pulled.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BeefJerky
    BeefJerky Posts: 1,319
    Roland01 tried to sell me an L400...

Was he successful?
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    The local Ford garage tried to sell me an ev. :)
  • BeefJerky
    Look like "roland01" is still registered and actively trying to scam people. How do we actually report these things to get these accounts banned?
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    BeefJerky wrote: »
    Look like "roland01" is still registered and actively trying to scam people. How do we actually report these things to get these accounts banned?

He could just start a new account. Probably better off if it's one you recognize.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    edited April 2022
    Jimbo18 wrote: »

He could just start a new account. Probably better off if it's one you recognize.

No if your banned your ip, is also banned and will not let you rejoin....or so I thought.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230

This morning, I reported/flagged your quoted post above to the moderators. Not for you but to make them aware of the content of your post. I just looked up this member, "roland01" and it appears as if this person is no longer a member here because they are no longer found on a member search. FWIW.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BeefJerky
    treitz3 wrote: »

This morning, I reported/flagged your quoted post above to the moderators. Not for you but to make them aware of the content of your post. I just looked up this member, "roland01" and it appears as if this person is no longer a member here because they are no longer found on a member search. FWIW.

Tom

He does indeed seem to be gone, thanks! With the regular occurrences of these PM scams, I think this forum needs to implement an easy way to report those rogue PMs.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Just flag a post that reports it. The mods will take care of it when they see it. No worries.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BeefJerky
    edited April 2022
    Well, we got a new one, boys!

Robert9001 sent me a PM telling me a Mr. Sam mentioned he had a pair of LSiCs, and I should totally reach out to the scammer's email address.

EDIT: I flagged my own post, so hopefully that will do it...
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Before vanilla, you couldn't PM with less than a certain number of posts. What happened to that?!
  • BeefJerky
    And, we got another one:

markmill12 sent me a PM with a scammers email address.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    Got the same email about the Belles remote, So I paypaled and he wanted a copy/screenshot of the transaction,like a dummy I complied, he refunded the money because he would not be able to get the funds for a few days, then did the same with another email as where to send the funds to, I complied,he wanted a screenshot of the transaction,I complied, then the money was refunded, he sent another email wanting me to resend the 45.00 from friends and family, which I did Not do, should I be worried about my bank accounts etc?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    I did change my passwords,, I might be wrong but It seems he wants monies by PayPal so he can have immediate access to it. Sure wish I had his address.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    edited April 2022
    The scams being ran in out of the WTB ads are out of control.
    We never had this problem when new members had to have a specific number of posts to do certain things.
    Time to bring it back into play.
    It would also be nice if everything NEVER went to hifishark as well.
    I think we are all old enough and smart enough to network ourselves should we want to.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    I've got 2 of these lately for stuff I said I was looking for in the WTB ads. Both times pretty much identical verbage. Like, "I purchased some items from "so and so" some days ago and "what you're looking for" is among the items he showed me that he wanted to part out with. Maybe you should text him to know if it is still available.. Here's his email blahblahblah@scamme.com"
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Yea we basically have no mods and no one at Polk who cares…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • BeefJerky
    dragon1952: Yeah, I've had about 4 over the past couple of months, and pretty much the same verbiage as well.

rooftop59: Yep, I agree. And, they make it difficult to report the issue to begin with. I have to post here, then report my own post to get anything reported. Many other forums have an easy way to report the DM itself direct to the mods.
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 990
    These rat-**** scammers should be coated in flour and deep fried to a golden tasty brown color.