What cable and inputs should I use?

I moved to a new house with Polk wall speakers. I can’t figure out what cables to use to connect my TV to these input jacks on the wall. 48cm7knmocmg.jpeg
1qapoxfqmyfi.jpeg

Please help!

Answers

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited July 2022
    Bare wire, spades or banana plugs. Those appear to be 5 way binding posts.
    Your receiver or amp would connect a speaker cable to those.
  • I tried these banana plugs but they were too large. Amazon Basics 16AWG Speaker Cable Wire with Gold-Plated Banana Tip Plugs (4mm) - CL2 - 99.9% Oxygen Free - 6-Foot https://a.co/d/6Qdg6TV

Can you suggest another item?

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I tried these banana plugs but they were too large. Amazon Basics 16AWG Speaker Cable Wire with Gold-Plated Banana Tip Plugs (4mm) - CL2 - 99.9% Oxygen Free - 6-Foot https://a.co/d/6Qdg6TV

You should be able to just untwist the metal nuts and shove the bare wire in the hole and then twist it back tight. You don’t need banana plugs…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    rooftop59 wrote: »

You should be able to just untwist the metal nuts and shove the bare wire in the hole and then twist it back tight. You don’t need banana plugs…

Out of context, that's like an R-rated reply. :#

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Whose got metal nuts? Git yer mind outta the gutter doc!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Can you imagine trying to explain that to the TSA! :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Whose got metal nuts? Git yer mind outta the gutter doc!

Arnie
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    I tried these banana plugs but they were too large. Amazon Basics 16AWG Speaker Cable Wire with Gold-Plated Banana Tip Plugs (4mm) - CL2 - 99.9% Oxygen Free - 6-Foot https://a.co/d/6Qdg6TV

I take "too large" to mean the banana plugs didn't fit entirely into the binding post hole and not that they were too wide to fit. That's because the binding posts on the wall plate are total crap.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk