PSW505 Dead

Options
I happened to notice in my theater room my Polk Audio PSW505 was not working. I checked light on back and it was out. I checked the fuse where power cord plugs in and the wire is intact all the way through fuse. I checked outlet and replaced power cord but sadly this beautiful new-looking sub seems dead. Please help. Is there anything else I need to check.

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,987
    Options
    I happened to notice in my theater room my Polk Audio PSW505 was not working. I checked light on back and it was out. I checked the fuse where power cord plugs in and the wire is intact all the way through fuse. I checked outlet and replaced power cord but sadly this beautiful new-looking sub seems dead. Please help. Is there anything else I need to check.

@CarlJacobson_POLK @SeleniumFalcon

Unfortunately they are prone to die. If you purchased from an authorized dealer and it still under warranty, then Polk should take care of you. Otherwise your two options are partsexpress.com with a Dayton spa250 plate amp, or sell for parts and buy a new sub from a different company like HSU or SVS. I would suggest the latter if you can swing it. Any of the 12 inch offerings from either company will be a night and day upgrade over the Polk…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • lwilliams1950
    Options
    Ok I appreciate that. I’m not sure it’s under warranty so may have to go with your latter suggestion. Appreciate your help.
  • lwilliams1950
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

@CarlJacobson_POLK @SeleniumFalcon

Unfortunately they are prone to die. If you purchased from an authorized dealer and it still under warranty, then Polk should take care of you. Otherwise your two options are partsexpress.com with a Dayton spa250 plate amp, or sell for parts and buy a new sub from a different company like HSU or SVS. I would suggest the latter if you can swing it. Any of the 12 inch offerings from either company will be a night and day upgrade over the Polk…

• lwilliams1950
    Options
    By the way do you happen to know if this sub is comparable to my PSW505?

Klipsch Reference R-12SW 12" 400W All-Digital Powered Subwoofer, Brushed Black
  • xenkw0n
    xenkw0n Posts: 2
    Options

Yes - similar from my experience. What I replaced my dead PSW505 with.
  • lwilliams1950
    Options
    xenkw0n wrote: »

Yes - similar from my experience. What I replaced my dead PSW505 with.

• lwilliams1950
    Options
    Thanks ordered today.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,987
    Options

I mean, if you were happy with the performance of the psw505, then you’ll likely be fine with the klipsch. Neither are very good subs however…but it’s all relative.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer