Affordable 4k@120hz HDMI cable.

That's reasonably price(~$50each). I'll need two. One between the source and the receiver and the other from the receiver to the TV.
2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)

Comments

• HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    I'd like a short run between the platstation and the receiver ~3ft and will need ~6ft from the receiver to the tv. It will be for gaming and watching bluray.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Seems like the only place I can find a cable that supports 120hz is on amazon. I'm slightly suspicious of this?
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • HzTweaker
    Never mind with the suspicions. Looks like monoprice has one and its pretty cheap as well.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=42674
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I have tested these on a high end cable teeter and they meet every spec and deliver a full 4k120Hz signal. My Audioquest on he other hand fails the basic integrity test lol.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08TQTYCYS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
  • HzTweaker
    Thanks for the link.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I wouldn't worry about it too much next to no games actually run in native 4k @ 120Hz. Nearly every game that even supports 120Hz runs either in 1080p or dynamic res well below 4k regardless.

https://www.psu.com/news/all-ps5-games-that-support-120-fps-the-smoothest-games-on-playstation-5/
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • HzTweaker
    Thank you for the info @Emlyn and @Nightfall as I don't have a lot of experience in this category. I'm just trying to future prof this set up as this is the first time I've upgraded it in almost ten years.
  • Nightfall
    According to Wikipedia there's 483 native PS5 games and of those only 25 have a 120Hz mode and of those only 5 are capable of full 4k. Maybe when PS6 or PS5 Pro come out it might become a little more commonplace.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I guess I need to buy the new Xbox and get back into this hobby.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nightfall
    edited May 2022
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I guess I need to buy the new Xbox and get back into this hobby.

Or PC. PC has both some of the PlayStation exclusives as well as the Xbox exclusives and on significantly more powerful hardware at an also significant cost. Controller or keyboard and mouse. Don't have to pay for online play. Heavier steam discounts. GamePass. The best of everything except pop in a disc and it just works convenience. You might have to tinker here & there. Also 120Hz? How about 240Hz, 360Hz, there's a new 1080p 500Hz panel coming out.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Naw, now that I am retired from the computer network world I just use my iPad Mini to read forums. I only use my computer on Friday to download some new HiRes music. The Xbox is fine for me.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • HzTweaker
    I decided to go with the Monoprice cables. With out a comparison I'm sure it'll look great. Better than the old set up anyway.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Blue Jeans Cable is my go-to for HDMI cables. They will meet or most likely exceed the specs.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    I'm using a 3 meter Audioquest Pearl 48.
    I play War Thunder on a PC with an RTX3060ti at 4K + HDR at 120hz. No problems.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • localnet333
    localnet333 Posts: 4
    edited June 2022
    I would just go to Amazon and buy one of their 8K cables, I have the Audioquest Cinnamon HDMI cables, and can tell no difference between those and a $5 8K cable. I can say the same regarding all of my Cinnamon digital cables, coax and USB. Simply jewelry for me, it looks pretty and they have that PET jacket that my cat does not like to chew on. I have never heard any sound improvement or tonal differences using any of these pricey cables. My system, Denafrips Iris DDC, Ares II DAC, their Hades preamp and Thallo amplifier. Oppo BDP-83 as a CD/SACD transport, GeerFab HDMI Digital Breakout Box to the Ares II. Using the KLH Model 5 speakers. All analog XLR cables are Mogami with Neutrik connectors. Mogami coaxial speaker wire with Eminence Gold banana plugs. A pair of SVS SB3000 subs handling the deep bass.
  • HzTweaker
    :D
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Could imagine being so desperate to just drop stuff like that for "friends"

🤣🤣
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    @HzTweaker:

You bought from where I was gonna suggest.

Great minds think alike😊
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work