jolida CD player

I have an interest in the purchase of this item. Please contact me via my email.

Answers

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • WTF kind of BS reply is this?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Try craigslist. Is that a better reply?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • VR3
    WTF kind of BS reply is this?

@Clipdat
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    He was actually trying to be helpful and point you in the right direction. I am treitz3 and I am on the fence right now about selling mine or using it for another rig.

Seeing as how you are a new member and apparently lack the to ability communicate in a cordial manner? No matter what, I won't be selling my mint condition Jolida JD-100 with some unobtainable tubes, spare tubes and both black and silver faceplates to you sir.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Exactly...
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Ol boys gears don't seem to be churning properly.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    So, the OP actually emailed me 3 times. 3 TIMES!!! Here is his first email to me....his email addy and name have been omitted but I think what we have here is a failure to communicate in a normal fashion.
    OP wrote:
    Tom -

Your way of posting and offering this item I find somewhat strange and different to say the lest.

As far as your so-called-rare tubes. Yes, good quality 1950, 1960 & 1970 vintage era tube supply is getting harder to acquire and locate.

I was able to finally get your last reply off of Polk.

Keep your CD player for all I care.

Sell it to whom every you wish.

As for the tubes.

I've been collecting audio vacuum tubes since I was ten (10) years old.

I have approximately 10,000!

I am also very well respected within the Audiophile community.

Those commenting on Polk seem to be very fragile individuals' to say the least including yourself.

All I gotta say is that for a "Very Well Respected" member of the audiophile community? He sure does have a weird way of introducing himself to this community. Respect is earned, not "given". My respect for him was lost when he basically attacked one of my very good friends (personally, professionally and online) after he tried to help the OP with this comeback...
    OP wrote:
    WTF kind of BS reply is this?

This response is supposed to relay confidence in us that you are a "very well respected" member of the audiophile community? I don't think so, Scooter.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Well respected yet unfamiliar with how to post in the correct thread, yet can create a NEW thread alluding to a player for sale....

He did get one thing correct ONE, there's some thin skinned people.... everywhere today. Those in that thread were not.

10,000 tubes okay okay you win! You're the most powerful elf

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    10k tubes but not an ounce of common sense. lol. Incredible.
  • VR3
    At 10k tubes in storage, he would be on the Forbes list with a fortune surpassing fort Knox in reserves
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    What a waste really. What can one person even do with 10k tubes? And you can't take them with you so he better figure it out soon.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,706
    Apparently, having 10,000 doesn't help.
    Posted by gearsanmore
    What does one do when you need a 6HR6 vacuum tube for the tuner section of a Fisher 500C Receiver and one can not be found and there seems to be no interchange? If anyone has an answer, please advise. .......
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited May 2022
    https://vacuumtubes.net/prices.htm
    Has them listed for $45.

Also found this, evidently someone has made the switch and happy.

6AU6 cheap and plentiful is a sub. 6HR6 is expensive even here at around $18.00 each.

Tom Bavis mentioned 6BA6 will work with lower gain.

So there is "some" latitude, might not be perfect but when it's "usable" might give it a try.