Jolida JD-100 CD Player - For Sale (feeler)

I have my CDP up for sale now. The old tried and true, die hard tubed and famous CDP that was initially introduced to me by our very own F1nut.

I had originally traded a Rega Apollo for this player and never looked back.

Man, I hate that I am even bringing this up for sale but there are other things in the household that have priority at the moment.

Price not solidified yet. This is more of a feeler. The tubes in the unit may now be worth more than the unit itself....(LOL....but not really)

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Yes, there is a remote...and I have no need to sell. Just putting it out there for those who may be interested...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Tom you need a price. N00b alert
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • smartie_panta
    smartie_panta Posts: 181
    Looks like one sold on USAM for $495 back in February (the recent "low") and there's one for sale on Audiogon currently for $750. The average price seems to be in the high $600s to $700, so it sure looks like they've held most of their value.

I've never heard a tube-based CD player, but I wish I had. GLWS if you decide to sell.
  • treitz3
    VR3 wrote: »
    Tom you need a price. N00b alert

A feeler alert (AFAIK) does not need one. I have always hated them but it is what it is. (What the F are you still doing up?)

1 MILLION DOLLARS.

Yes, that's my asking price. With today's inflation? I should be there within 4 days.....without the tubes included. WITH TUBES? OMG...the price could expand exponentially.

Tom
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    So, I kinda already know the answer but I'll ask anyway...since this is a feeler thread. What kind of jump in SQ does a transport alone have. And does this have a coax/optical out? thanks
  • VR3
    The source is everything, but a quality transport definitely makes a difference.

This is a great player. To bad Tom can't sell it without a price.

If he decides to karma I will be in with 41!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    Good CD player. Felt good to listen to it.
    qav1jse2kf0l.jpg

Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    Send me your asking price please. Any upgrades donr to it?
    Jim
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Tom, just post your realistic asking price.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I'll start this bid at $99.95
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • VR3
    With tubes installed? Most likely North of$10k

Without tubes? Maybe a hundy, see post above
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    F1nut wrote: »
    , just post your realistic asking price.

Cough cough..... :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • treitz3
    I am actually having second thoughts on this one, fellas. It's not the end all be all CDP but it did have staying power in the rig after going through probably 40 or so CDP's before it.

I have both the black and silver faceplate for it and the remote is legendary for its second use....being an assault weapon.

Might end up keeping it for a 3rd rig out in the shop. It does have some sentimental value to it.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Tubes are currently the 12AX7 Ei Gold pins. These were suggested by Jesse and ever since I put them in? Perfect synergy within the rig.

I still have my stash of other tubes for it that I have tried out along the way as well.

If I do decide to keep it, sorry for the tease...

Tom
  • VR3
    In before close
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    I think every old timer on here has owned one of these at some point.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    dragon1952 wrote: »

Owned what? A CD player? I still have one, but I haven’t played it for a year or so.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    BlueFox wrote: »

Owned what? A CD player? I still have one, but I haven’t played it for a year or so.

Close but no cigar for you!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471

I've never owned one but I tried like hell.
  • VR3
    Just think if Tom would lost a price you would be that much closer! 🤔

Sell it Tom!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 wrote: »
    1 MILLION DOLLARS. WITH TUBES? OMG...the price could expand exponentially.

Tom

I did, Trey. I did. No bites yet but the boys from the United Arab Emirates have started talks...

Tom

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I miss mine. It also had the EI gold pins. I was trying to up my sacd game when I sold it. It was a miste.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    @lightman1 has one sitting at my place with a bad output board. I need to get it over to our local HiFi repair genius and have him find and fix the issue.

On a slightly related note, the output board on those things still holds a charge in the capacitors even after powering off and draining the power supply caps. Ask me how I know...(damned thing hurt more than a 120v AC buzz).
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    I’ve got to get the Top Fuel Mod Jolida looked at to deal with the right channel noise...
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    I'd stoop to giving a "feeler" for a Jolida CD player. It would only be for a minute or two.
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    I believe Tom has an hourly charge and availabilities on tuesday
  • treitz3
    Shut up, Trey. :D

Troy, eventually I will be driving down my Dodd MLP to a shop in Atlanta. You want me to take your hot rodded Jolida down there with me and have them take a look at it?

Tom
  • F1nut
    TroyD wrote: »
    I’ve got to get the Top Fuel Mod Jolida looked at to deal with the right channel noise...

Have you tried changing the tubes?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    Yeah, we did that at PF this year, Jesse. It improved the unwanted noise a bit until about 10 minutes into it and then reportedly nothing out of her. (I had to go back to the hotel for something when it bit the dust for good). It had display issues and the LED turned a color I have never seen it turn before. It turned orange.

She's got some demons in her at the moment. We never did really dive into it to diagnose it though. We just switched to the Auralic and started streaming for the rest of the event in the rig that it was in.

Tom
  • F1nut
    Hmmm....dat no good.

President of Club Polk