Perlisten Audio S7t - $20K speaker eye / ear candy

Options
WLDock
WLDock Posts: 3,073
edited April 2022 in Speakers
2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2

Comments

• WLDock
    edited April 2022
    Options
    vader540is wrote: »
    Their CEO Daniel Roemer, also help design these speakers
    https://arendalsound.com/
    &
    https://www.monoprice.com/pages/monolithencorespeakers
    That's good to know information.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    edited April 2022
    Options
    The Velodyne DD15+ has a -3dB of 14.6Hz, distortion < 0.5%. The best the Perlisten can manage is in the boosted mode with a -6dB of 15Hz.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,600
    edited April 2022
    Options
  • WLDock
    edited April 2022
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    The Velodyne DD15+ has a -3dB of 14.6Hz, distortion < 0.5%. The best the Perlisten can manage is in the boosted mode with a -6dB of 15Hz.

F1, you are often on top of this stuff and you know how it goes when it comes to specs. Most times the published specs don't tell the whole story and its hard to compare one brand to the next depending on test methods. These are $6000-$8000 subs for the 1-2% crowd.

More info is reveled when third parties test different subs using modern methods.

Audiogon is touting the D215s as one of the best they have measured. James Larson, even stated that he thought it would surpass the DD18+. I will never claim to fully understand nor am I an expert at interpreting data. Nevertheless, here are their numbers:

DD18+
    https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/digital-drive-plus-18/dd18-measurements

Perlisten D215s

https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/perlisten-d215s/conclusion
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    Options
    As if one didn't already need a reason to ignore their ramblings they are conducting their experiments OUTDOORS! Hardly a controlled environment.

In addition, they measured the Velodyne at two meters and the Perlisten at one meter. Pfffft!
    Audiogon is touting the D215s
    I'm sure you meant Audioholics. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• WLDock
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Yes, Audioholics! 🙂 Obviously you are not a fan.

Near field, far field, in room, outdoor measurements....It's too much. I'm sure an anechoic chamber to measure subwoofers would be big and expensive.

As I said, I bow out gracefully when trying to interpret data and make strong comparisons. I keep my thoughts to myself as there are so many variables, I leave it to the so called experts to make claims.
  • WLDock
    Options
    xagpvo7aq597.png