Polk React Soundbar 5.1

Long time Polkie and not my first bar.

Picked up a React with SR2 surrounds and React subwoofer. Setup was as per the manual and easy, however I had to use the optical output due to an HDMI problem. It simply didn’t work in that configuration even with changing from TV speakers to Audio System.

I’m very pleased overall and bass response is fine for my application. It’s not my SVS replacement by any stretch.

Any questions, just ask.
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.

Comments

• I just picked up the React without the speakers and sub (the ability to add them later was a huge selling point for me). Having hearing loss, I like the ability to really fine-tune the sound I’m hearing with the Bass and Voice controls but is there a way to return them to their default position? The sliders in the Alexa app never move regardless of what I do with the React so I’m not sure what they’re for.

Forgive me if this is obvious; this is my first sound bar.

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    I looked thru Alexa and couldn’t find a default setting.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    I checked out Alexa again, no change. I’d adjust as you feel is best. The changes affect all modes in my experience
  • I just got a REACT soundbar (1st soundbar ever) and was able to hook-up Alexa, my TV and DVR player to work with the soundbar. My last component is an AIWA XC-37M CD player that only has an optical out or L-R RCA phono plugs out. Any suggestions how I connect this to the soundbar? Is there any kind of convertor I can use from the CD connections to USB and then use the USB input in the back of the soundbar? If I plug in the optical from the CD player to the soundbar the HDMI connection from the TV stops working. Can I plug the optical into the back of the TV and somehow connect through the TV HDMI connection? Thanks!
  • dorokusai
    I believe it’s either or in regards to HDMI/Optical. I couldn’t get my HDMI to work so I went Optical.

They do make an RCA to USB cable. Just do an internet search. Hit the customer service room more help.

• KyleJ
    KyleJ Posts: 1
    edited January 2022
    **** Never mind. I played around with my TV's settings and got it working.

Hi. Got the React sound bar, and it's my first sound bar. I connected the HDMI cable to my TV's ARC slot, used the Alexa app to go through the setup process. Alexa works as I can ask questions about recent sports scores, weather forecasts, and the like. However, there is no sound coming from my TV to the sound bar. I even was able to pair my phone and get sound playing through the bar.

I tried looking through my TV's settings, but didn't see anything that could help establish the connection properly. I have a Sharp Aquos Smart TV.
  • sakonig
    sakonig Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if you can pair two sets of the extra speakers with the bar? Like an extra on-top of the already extra two
  • sakonig
    sakonig Posts: 2
    Or is it possible to pair two of the subwoofers?