A little interference to the FM radio

Options
First off, not talking about the modern FM stations.
I had located three classic station, but, there are hard to find stations. I can hear the music playing but it's weak too much static interfering. Also, i found out since i listing to music in my sleep, when turning off the TV, it seems to comes in great, but next day when turning on the TV, the radio station fade out, just static.

A little interference to the FM radio 0 votes

FM antenna
0% 0 votes
radio
0% 0 votes

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    Your TV is generating huge amounts of "RFI" (radio frequency interference), probably due to the microprocessor and other digital electronics in it. The "hash" may be inducing noise either at the antenna (i.e., at the :"carrier frequency" of the FM radio station) or in the "intermediate frequency" section of the radio. The radio has a local oscillator & mixer to create a lower-frequency signal for the radio to work with. In the case of FM, that frequency is 10.7 MHz, much lower than the broadcast signal frequency. All of the tuned circuits are subject to induced noise from RFI.

Moving the radio and/or antenna may mitigate the problem. It may not take much -- just a couple of feet, or turn the radio or the antenna 90 degrees relative to its current orientation.

You might also want to try plugging the radio into a different AC circuit (i.e., one that's on a different breaker) to see if that helps.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    cherokee79 wrote: »
    Also, i found out since i listing to music in my sleep, when turning off the TV, it seems to comes in great, but next day when turning on the TV, the radio station fade out, just static.

Why is the radio on when the TV is on?

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    cherokee79 wrote: »
    Also, i found out since i listing to music in my sleep, when turning off the TV, it seems to comes in great, but next day when turning on the TV, the radio station fade out, just static.

Why is the radio on when the TV is on?

well... there's an intersting question! :)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    ADHD
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    ADHD

sometimes known as multitasking.

:|
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I'd at times watch sports, and tune into a sport radio station because I did not like the rambling od certain commentators and excessive commercials

And other times I would listen to music while a sport was on...
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    ^^^ good point.
    We used to do that at my parents' house, a long time ago, watchin' and listenin' to the Os.
    Memories...