LG CX 65 OLED

I finally jumped into the 4K TV realm and went with the LG CX 65. A couple coworkers have this same TV and pointed me over to TFT Central for the professionally calibrated settings they recommend. They are here...

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_cx_oled.htm

Without a doubt, this TV has the most stunning picture quality I've ever seen! I'm running the OPPO UDP-203 straight to the TV (audio only straight to the receiver). Dolby Vision movies especially are mind blowing! I've watched about 6 movies thus far, so here are my standouts for a perfect video presentation.

IT
No excuses!

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Janel reported for spam.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 362
    The OLEDs really are amazing. I have a couple friends with the LG OLEDs. Good choice.

Do you worry about burn in at all? I really wish they didn’t have any burn in issues, then they’d be pretty much perfect. I’m guessing the issues aren’t that bad, but with LCD/LED they just don’t exist. Since I play video games I’d worry about it. I have a plasma tv right now and I do have some burn in on it. It’s not the end of the world and is rarely noticeable, but I still wish it wasn’t a thing.

I think I’ll have a hard time choosing a new tv when the day comes. OLED picture quality rules, but it would be nice to not worry about the burn in at all.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Burn in or picture retention definitely DOES exists in LCD/LED.
    I've seen it more than once.
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 362
    You know, now that you mention it, I think I’ve seen it a time or two. Probably takes a really really long time with the same image, right? That’s why no one really mentions it?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    CottageChz wrote: »
    You know, now that you mention it, I think I’ve seen it a time or two. Probably takes a really really long time with the same image, right? That’s why no one really mentions it?

Yes mainly store displays that will have the exact same image over long periods. Looks fine until you go to another and then you see the old burn in spots. It is actually why the LCD/LED TV's now stop and turn off after a period of the same image, like if you pause your TV. They used to stay paused indefinitely now after about 15min they shut off the picture and go to screen saver mode.

Until oled, plasma was by far the best.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Doesn’t the best QLED (Neo I think) run a brighter close second?
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work