I have definitely lost it

Options
13»

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    In that small of an environment you REALLY don't want to toe them in whatsoever.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    My punctuation in that is as bad as that SDA SRS RV set-up. I need to go back to bed..
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    Kudos to the OP for over the toppedness (sic?), and stealing a pair of these for $500!
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Iblameheathkit
    Options
    Sorry for the rant. I take it a bit personal when an audiophile snob replies to a post about crossover upgrades in the diy thread with a comment like "quit while your ahead. Dude you're in a motorhome". There's a reason many people have recapped their speakers and replaced tweeters that are known to be a little harsh. And it has nothing to do with their living situation. I'm always reminded of term Tony Cox (the little guy who plays the elf in "Bad Santa),.uses to describe folks that are like that. A$$ CLOWN
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Listen, nobody said anything about your living arrangements, what was said is that is a poor environment for those speakers, FACT: It is a poor environment for them, probably not what you want to hear but it is the truth, sorry if it's not what you want to hear. Never toe in SDA's, another fact..

Nobody here is personally judging you for your living situation, I don't know anybody here that would be that cruel, they will tell you the truth, or their opinions on your set up, but it has nothing to do with you personally.

So lighten up a little, relax, if those speakers are keeping you hard, paint the ceiling with your bad self..

I just hope you're not driving around with them like that, one fall, and they won't be sounding good for long..
  • Iblameheathkit
    Options
    Absolutely no driving at this point. The seats came out to make room for the Polks. And of course I know that this is not the best setup for speakers this big. However new caps and a more refined tweeter will sound better in any listening environment. At least I would think so. An enlightened person might say something with some real information. Like "yes I've had good experience with those tweeters but you might want to do such and such with this capacitor value to smooth the peak a x frequency". Not something so obvious as "man those speakers are too big for your rv" I mean duh.
  • Iblameheathkit
    Options
    But whatever. It takes all kinds to make the world spin .
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    Perhaps you should start pricing out components, with the schematic as a reference guide........sorry that's all I got at the moment. After you do that you might come up with some more specific questions that might get more courteous answers.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • Iblameheathkit
    Options
    I have the sda handbook downloaded. I'll just use the info in there and go from there.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Have you considered quitting while you're ahead?
  • Iblameheathkit
    Options
    Yeah. You're right. I'll just put those beautiful Polks in storage and get some bookshelf speakers. Thanks.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    That, or a Bose Wave Radio.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,182
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Some folks here don't even own vintage Polks (or Polks period) and you've got the cream of the crop.

Have fun upgrading them and enjoying the incremental improvements. I believe for what you paid for them, if you were to sell them you'd get a lot of your investment back, maybe not all of it. Instead of storing them and having them sit in a box you are enjoying them.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Yeah. You're right. I'll just put those beautiful Polks in storage and get some bookshelf speakers. Thanks.

I was thinking sell the 1.2's for profit. Use the money for Monitor 7's (if you want a Polk vintage setup) and upgrade some of the other gear.

Don't put them in storage unless you are going to move into a place suitable for the 1.2's

The upgrade cost will exceed a full restoration plus your purchase for resale.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Clipdat
    Options
    @Iblameheathkit I am just busting your balls and giving you a hard time. Try not to take it to heart.
  • Iblameheathkit
    Options
    Can you imagine where this entire forum would be if Matt Polk would have just "quit while he was ahead"?
  • Iblameheathkit
    Options
    And now I think I will just enjoy the sounds of flying sounds while I listen to Planet Caravan. You all have a good night.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Can you imagine where this entire forum would be if Matt Polk would have just "quit while he was ahead"?

Ummm, he did quit while he was ahead and sold the company. Now Polk is a shadow of what it once was. In my opinion anyway. Customer service alone.....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Dude, just so you know, there are quite a few people here who have sat down and had a beer or a cup of coffee with Matt Polk so if you're going to run your mouth about him, you're going to get some folks who will take it personally.

Best you cool your jets for a bit before you get yourself in a sticky predicament.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Clipdat
    Options
    lol "Cool your jets"

Love that expression.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    lol "Cool your jets"

Love that expression.

https://youtu.be/p5rQHoaQpTw

or... perhaps...

https://youtu.be/c9z33lasnkU

• Gardenstater
    Options
    I've been reading this thread and I TOTALLY missed any insults towards MP. I must be slipping.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Nobody said there were any insults.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I'm insulted that there were no insults.
    what kinda place is this, anyway.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    Yeah we can certainly do a better job of keeping the drama alive than this!
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • Hansvelton
    Hansvelton Posts: 151
    edited February 2022
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Bozo listed

My opinion of you has just dropped.
    You mentioned not toeing in the speakers.....

Uh, that is the probably the least important thing as far as his listening "Area" is concerned. You are fired! :)
  • Hansvelton
    Hansvelton Posts: 151
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Yeah we can certainly do a better job of keeping the drama alive than this!

Just do not uh "Guide or pontificate" this thread, into your covering the speaker baskets with foam or something......
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I preferred 2Bs to 1.2s in a studio apartment, I can't imagine in an RV.

Yeah, those 1.2's were a little big for your pad, I should have talked you out of them when we delivered them..