Squeeze Box Touch & Squeeze Radio in original packing

Options
Hey people,

I am moving on from my Squeeze system and decided to put them up for sale. Anyone who knows me knows I am pretty particular about my gear and almost always save the original packing.

Squeeze Box Touch music streamer, because of age I'll rate it 7/10, no major scuffs or scratches pretty much like new. Comes with manual, box and walwart. I do have the remote, but even though it was kept in a drawer something somehow was spilled on it. I for the life of me can't remember doing this. I was not happy when I discovered this.

The remote works but is very, very sticky. I am going to include it if someone has the know-how and time to clean it up. I tried briefly and wasn't all the successful.

The asking price reflects the damaged remote. I've seen the remotes sell for $25-35 on Ebay if someone needs to source one. If this is a 2nd Squeeze Box in your abode, your current remote will work.

Asking $70 because of the remote issue. plus actual shipping

r5z0c4xhyvwt.jpg
nd7um89mb5s7.jpg
zaaqqbim3knp.jpg
iuqlapn20h2d.jpg

Squeeze Radio Streamer (Red) - again 7/10 because of age. A few very light micro swirls from cleaning on the top of the case. Comes with walwart and original box. This sat on my night stand as a clock, radio and alarm. I have no use for it any longer.

You can stream your own music or internet radio

Asking $60 plus actual shipping.

xdbgp2y9mh05.jpg
qgnl7e7ezlko.jpg
b402wdcxadtr.jpg
4skcdbd5mupx.jpg

I'd take $115 for both plus actual shipping

I am not sure if the PM part of Vanilla is consistent, it sure seems to be really messed up so that might not be the best way for contact. Post interest here or email me: Brockmta at hotmail com

Posting this here first and after some time, I'll post it to the various For Sale sites on the 'net.

H9
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,623
    Options
    Trusted seller here folks.
  • seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,237
    Options
    Interested in the Touch. Shipping to 80863?
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    Options
    seeclear wrote: »
    Interested in the Touch. Shipping to 80863?

A quick look at the UPS site is telling me $16.95 for ground/insured. I haven't shipped anything in quite awhile so I have no reference if that's truly accurate. I would prefer UPS since there is a UPS store very close to work and makes it easy/peasy.

If after I dropped it off the cost was more than a couple dollars less, I'd just refund the difference.
    H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,620
    Options
    That Squeezebox Radio is super cool. GLWS.
  • heiney9
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    That Squeezebox Radio is super cool. GLWS.

That's why I bought it. I didn't use it as much as I thought I would beyond a clock radio. They sell a rechargeable battery pack so it can be mobile too. It sounds very good for a "non" stereo radio. Decent bass and very good clarity. So much better than most of the inexpensive blue tooth speakers out there.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Yeah look at that it's Class D bi-amped w/ an electronic crossover. Two separate drivers! Very nice.
    yzch0j805v9t.png
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
    Options
    I had two of the radios and they were great!

@heiney9 let me know if you have pi questions.

I’ve run a few of the different OS’s.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • seeclear
    Options
    Hey Heiney I'd like to get the Touch if you're OK with that. PM me address and I'll mail a check, if that is OK with you. I can't do PayPal F&F. Let me know how you want to do it. Thanks, Tom
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,492
    Options
    The remotes are easy to disassemble, and clean up pretty well with a few sessions of 99% ISO and blue shop towels or an old white t-shirt.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @msg I knew you had a personal goal to own every Squeezebox in existence.
  • msg
    edited January 2022
    Options
    haha, except this one.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Always wanted to try a SBT, but that @msg dude keeps swiping up all the good deals. I’m just glad someone else beat him to this one, even if it wasn’t me! :p

Seriously though, congrats on the sale. Put me third in line if anything falls through and Scott doesn’t grab it.
  • seeclear
    Options
    hey msg, do you do any repairs on these units? I'm getting this one to replace a Duet that just up and quit on me. I was going to keep the remote to use with the Touch, but if you want the receiver I'll send it to you.
  • msg
    Options
    That's cool of you offer, but I don't really know much about them, internally. I wouldn't know where to start or what to look for in failures. You think it could be a broken solder joint on the power jack?

The Touch is a nice upgrade over the Duet, and just a neat little device. You should really enjoy it. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions about plug-ins or setting up Logitech Media Server if you're not already using it. There are a few of us still around who use the SBT, though I think most, except for me, have relegated them to secondary systems.

Also, check out the smartphone apps for controlling your player. Orange Squeeze for Android or iPeng for Apple.

I have enough of these SBTs now, so I'll just cheer you guys on in future sales. Still don't understand why Logitech stopped making these things. I think they were a few years ahead of everyone when they introduced it, maybe too soon.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    haha, except this one.
    So, it sounds like you refuse to own anything that heiney9 once owned! Fight, Fight!

188qh4j9oegc.gif
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Interested in the radio, Brock.
    I sent an email, let's consider it sold though.

Harry
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,353
    Options
    The Touch remotes are known for the rubber over-moldings deteriorating and becoming sticky. Happened to mine too. Cleaning it will lose some of the button ID markings but it will function properly. I've read it has happened to other manufacturers that used this type of coating.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • heiney9
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    The Touch remotes are known for the rubber over-moldings deteriorating and becoming sticky. Happened to mine too. Cleaning it will lose some of the button ID markings but it will function properly. I've read it has happened to other manufacturers that used this type of coating.

My brother just informed me of that. A manufacturing defect on many of them. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how I spilled something on it! I knew I didn't...lol

H9
  • heiney9
    Options
    both are pending sale and I am responding via PM.

Thanks -- H9
  • seeclear
    Options
    Payment sent.
  • smartie_panta
    Options
    @heiney9 I know these are sold, but I'm curious about your and @SCompRacer 's comments about cleaning the remotes when they turn sticky. It really is unpleasant when that happens. I've heard you can use alcohol, but that hasn't worked for me. Any other advice?
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,353
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @heiney9 I know these are sold, but I'm curious about your and @SCompRacer 's comments about cleaning the remotes when they turn sticky. It really is unpleasant when that happens. I've heard you can use alcohol, but that hasn't worked for me. Any other advice?

Did you use 99% Isopropyl alcohol? Typically, they hide it at the pharmacy. You may have to ask for it or order online. If you haven't, it is best to disassemble remote. Using strong chemicals could melt the plastic.

A friend owns the Squeezebox now and took this pic of the remote I cleaned. You will lose the text over/under the buttons. I snagged a pic of a remote not cleaned to show the difference.

u1dba339pe6m.jpg

1l2msqjcntbx.png

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • smartie_panta
    Options
    Very helpful. Thank you!!
  • msg
    Options
    Just don't use acetone.
    It looks like it's going to work amazingly well...
    For about 30 seconds or so.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I'd like to squeeze her box, if you know what I mean.
  • classic carl
    Options
    I'm really late to this party. I would have snagged the Touch. What a great deal. I have 2 Classics at our home up north and I use a Touch here at our winter residence that I take back and forth. My entire CD collection is ripped to my laptop for transportability.

You guys all probably know this, but you don't need a remote for your squeezeboxes. You can download an app called "Squeezer" to your phone or tablet and use that instead of the remote.
    Main System:
    Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 & FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Teac R-919X ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0

Home Theater:
    Vizio V585-H11 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ EPI M90 ~ Polk Audio RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) Polk Audio PSW450

• seeclear
    Options
    Good to know!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    I've been somewhat remiss in leaving feedback here (not that Brock needs any props), but this SB radio looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. Box & packing included.
    It also works exactly as it should, and my wife is enjoying internet radio and my .FLAC collection every time she's in her office. Thanks again!
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • msg
    Options
    That's awesome Harry. That's what it's all about.
    I disabled signatures.