FS: North Star Design Intenso DAC

2»

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Is that a link to actual black paint?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    VR3 wrote: »
    Is that a link to actual black paint?

No it's actually high yellow....
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    I knew it was to good to be true
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    edited February 2022
    She’s up and running in my rig now, hooked up to the 851n via an audience Ohno coax cable and then to the MW pre with Ohno RCA’s. So far so good. No revelations but soundstage seems to be a bit more well defined (instrument separation is fantastic) and perhaps bass has tightened up. No other observations thus far.

vltg9nuehs35.jpeg

Post edited by stangman67 on
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    stangman67 wrote: »
    She’s up and running in my rig now, hooked up to the 851n via an audience Ohno coax cable and then to the MW pre with Ohno RCA’s. So far so good. No revelations but soundstage seems to be a bit more well defined (instrument separation is fantastic) and perhaps bass has tightened up. No other observations thus far.

vltg9nuehs35.jpeg

So based on that info, are you more impressed with the 851 to nearly keep up, or the North Star’s ability to surpass it?
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs