Component 6x9 for 2007 Camry 8 speaker set up

Front dash 3.5" tweeter, front door 6x9 woofer/mid, rear deck 6x9 one piece component. The way the Camry JBL 8 speaker system is wired is as such and am having a hard time finding speakers. Any recommendations ? My wife's back deck is all in pieces and I was shocked as I thought I had a six speaker set up until I saw the tweeter n mid/woof wired separately in the back. So, is an 8 speaker set up. Without the NAV. I have to pull the front doors back out, as I have stage 3 JBL's in there now (kinda muffly sounding sending lows to the coaxial 3 ways), with Infinity Reference coming for the dash, not sure if they'll fit anyway, and uncertain how they'll sound sending high signal to those two ways. But yeah, looking at the wiring diagram, the stock amp sends tweeter highs n lows separately to the door n dash, and also to the back deck. The stock deck speaker is one piece, but wired separately. Conundrum. Thanks. Considering how many Camry's are sold, I am surprised it is so tough to find the right speakers.
Onkyo TX-NR636
Main - polkaudio Monitor 60's
Center - polkaudio CSI A6
Sub - polkaudio PSW10
Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
Surrounds - polkaudio Monitor 40 series II
Front Height - polkaudio Monitor 40's
Audio Outdoors
Pioneer VSX 406 - polkaudio Atrium 5
Shed
Sony junker str-dn2010 with Sony bookshelf floor models and polkaudio R150's
Shed 2
Nakamichi soundbar

Answers

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    If anyone could help with a situation like this I'd think it would be Crutchfield. Give them a call or check their website.
  • JimKellyfan
    JimKellyfan Posts: 696
    edited February 2022
    Thanks, ended up looking at a bunch of different sites n reviews, Crutchfield basically stated no components available for it, but went with Infinity Reference 9630CX for 127 a set off Amazon. Gonna try n utilize old tweeter bracket for new tweet install in deck. Harman also has the 9610's for 117 a set, but the 30's have way better sensitivity, 94 compared to 89 I believe. Thanks. This is an issue for many Camry owners with the premium or near premium sound system. The other options, a few other brands that size with component 6x9's, but another way would have been 5.5 or 6.5 with bracket and components. I chose less mods n less items needed, n the 6x9...
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Audio Outdoors
    Shed
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    Sorry, it's really hard to give custom fabrication advice with no measurements or pictures in lieu of not being there.

I just went through the same thing with the better three quarter's Ford Escape.

One thing you can do is get component mounting plates (or make your own if you're handy) and mount 5.25 or 6.5/6.75 inch drivers and tweeters in the 6x9 holes. Then you can just disconnect the stock tweeters and leave them in place and just wire the new component sets up.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Yeah, it's a bear. The back deck, on the driver's side, I had to use the spacer normally for the grill placement to set the speaker on as the trunk spring hit it. Then, listening to the back half, I hear anomalies in the sound, so, I'll have to wire up the crossovers. The back deck says 6x9, but is really just close to that. The doors are actual 6x9's. Going to get to the amplifier under the passenger seat to wire in the crossovers to take better care of the set up as stock amp is sending too vast an array of frequency's to the components. It's a stock Camry, or was anyway, but the back deck, they don't make a speaker for it. No biggie. Drill new holes in back deck. Then soldered stock wiring and ended up using the anchor holes for the tweets. Just remove and modify the anchor cover. Anchor was for tethering child car seats. That kit I bought for it, the two 9630's, comes with an array of tweet mounts. So one will work in the dash for sure. But for the front half, the wires are all over, so best to put crossover in near amp. The rears, I can pick a few places, will look later. But boy, even without the crossovers, this cars a thumper now ifn ya want it to be. Rock on !
    Thanks !
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Audio Outdoors
    Shed
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Sympathize…

I had trouble finding speakers for my Tundra, because there was a large metal bar that ran vertically directly behind the speaker cut-out.

I gave up, because I had to look at shallow-mount speakers with itty-bitty magnets. Figured I should just keep it factory after buying and returning a few sets of coaxials at Best Buy one night.

Pretty ridiculous Toyota make this so difficult.

CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.