Frozen White Stuff From H3ll...

Options
It's going to snow.
See you on the other side @maximillian @mhardy6647 and all other northeastern'ers that i can't remember where you live...
That is all.

Miss you @msg. Let me know how that "transitioning surgery" is going for you. Oh, have you not told the forum yet???

<3
Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!

Comments

• motorhead43026
    Options
    @msg
    Ivan will buy you dinner.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    @motorhead43026 aren't you in CT?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    @msg
    Ivan will buy you dinner.

For the record, I'd buy Scott dinner regardless of which dress "they" wore.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    LOLOL
    SOB!!!
    e4ocphpdf4bk.png

No, @mrbiron! I was waiting until it was finished before springing the before an after photos. way to ruin in. Also, @mhardy6647 is supposed to be sending me his Julie Andrews Sound of Music outfit to try.

I disabled signatures.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    NE Ct. here........we're supposed to get some snow???
  • mrbiron
    Options
    NE Ct. here........we're supposed to get some snow???

Dah!...I knew it was you and not the other motor guy.

If youre northeast CT, then you and i are looking at the same totals depending on your source.

It's either going to be a sprinkle or a dumping. 1"-36".
  • mrbiron
    Options
    What an S-show this is going to be...

I just remembered that i threw my Danner's out a month ago because the sole fell off the left boot. Now i have to fly to Cabelas and fist fight all the other dudes looking to grab a pair of boots before the end of the world.

It's going to be exhausting... :D

Might as well pick up another pistol while i'm at it so i can shoot at the snowflakes while they are falling.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,975
    Options
    If the rest of the boot was fine, could have had it resoled. Done that more than once with my Vasque boots. Keep doing it as they were one of the last pairs still made in Italy.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • mrbiron
    edited January 2022
    Options
    All of the different models are bunk at this point.

They are saying between 12” and 36”+
    That’s a pretty massive spread!

It’s either going to be an amount of snow that’s irritating at 12” OR it’s going to shut half of the region down, mass hysteria will ensue, and I get drunk while having to snow blow on 3 separate intervals. Yes, I put a beer in the snow pile while I work. I have a 2-3 beer driveway. Judge me all you want!

:D

Useless hot chicks pointing at green screens with their perfect bums!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Man, our weather guessers are WAY more accurate than yours! They're telling us between 1 and 18+ inches of snow!

Either way, I'm ready!

2djiyjhhpu5u.jpg
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    I'm disappointed you do not have headers on that yet John😂

• Jstas
    Options
    It does have headers, custom made by my brother and I. But they point down at the front of the tractor under the fairing. They were open pipes which were LOUD but they were also burning the grass when I mowed the lawn. So I had to put a spark arrestor on which kinda doubles as muffler otherwise I would have black lines of dead grass for a mowing pattern.

• motorstereo
    Options
    ^^^^^^ Cool looking ride; I wanted a smallblock Chevy snowblower but I settled for a Honda 1332. I just put on impeller wipers and I'm looking forward to what hopefully should be an upgrade in throwing slush.
    kll4fa1ee3o1.jpg
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Our numbers keep getting smaller down here. @mrbiron is used to small numbers and the pointing and laughing that goes along with it.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,929
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    Man, our weather guessers are WAY more accurate than yours! They're telling us between 1 and 18+ inches of snow!

Either way, I'm ready!

2djiyjhhpu5u.jpg

Is that just added weight in the back?? That has to be a blast..

• Jstas
    Options
    It's about 70 pounds of ballast. When the snow thrower is up in the air it can take weight off the rear and you don't get any traction. Additionally, it's helpful on inclines when trying to push up the incline. It helps leverage weight on the drive wheels.

I'm probably going to add another 30 pounds of sand to it 'cause right now, it's a couple bags of paver sand that got wet at Home Depot. They gave it to me for free. So I busted it up in chunks and threw it in the plastic can.

It works WAY better than the wheel weights I see around.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    We're far enough west & north that we're not expecting too much here -- that said, snowfall is always a wee bit unpredictable.

It was snowing a little as night fell here, FWIW>
  • Jstas
    Options
    We already have about an inch on the ground and it's only been snowing about an hour

• motorstereo
    Options
    Something that has really surprised me for snow removal is this battery powered 80 volt snow thrower. No matter what there's always some shoveling left to do around steps, vehicles ets. and this thrower makes quick work of it. It will actually throw slush 10 to 12 feet as fast as I can push the shovel into the pile. Battery powered tools are the real thing now.
    3cmxd1uaypth.jpg
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    Options
    Snow likely in Southwest Georgia tonite....perfect timing for my sons first soccer game of the season lol.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    edited January 2022
    Options
    and here it comes....heee-hawwww!
    jiw0af5vrsiy.jpeg

• mrbiron
    edited January 2022
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Our numbers keep getting smaller down here. @mrbiron is used to small numbers and the pointing and laughing that goes along with it.

It’s small, for a horse… ;)

I bought these boots earlier today. Description on the box states it’s got 800 grams of thinsulate. Don’t really know what that means, but I suspect it has benefits when you punt someone’s **** into their own throat. Be on the lookout for me Sunday right after you and your family depart from the 2nd IHOP of the morning. I’ll be in the parking lot looking suave as f. :*

:D:D:D:D
  • motorstereo
    Options
    How are you making out mrbiron? For the first time ever I'm wishing I didn't have my main rig in a separate building. It's going to be some work getting out back today.xdd9cf58y7xb.jpg
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    That looks rough. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • motorstereo
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    That looks rough. :#
    Yes; I'm glad I filled the bird feeders yesterday with both feed and suet........probably not as glad as the birds are though. 40+ mph winds and 17 degrees I feel bad for any animal unlucky enough to be outside.

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I did the same thing for the birds the other day when I noticed the suet was gone. That little freeze we had must've sent a few to the suet since I put a new out a week before the freeze. The suet usually lasts more than 3 weeks since we don't see that many woodpeckers like we used to. We still get the little cute Downy's all the time.

We keep the local squirrels from starving too. Some come running right up to 10' close waiting for us to toss some out to them. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrbiron
    Options
    I did my civic good deed about an hour ago. Jumped in the tractor to clear a spot so the neighbors dogs could take a ****. I don’t own a dog. I had about an inch of snow on me when done. :D

d1f296nqpoea.jpeg
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Maybe the meteorologists got this one right???

Well, maybe one. We were ranged from 12” to 36”. Not bad for a job where you guess an outcome…
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    That's a lot of snow!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk