Frozen White Stuff From H3ll...

Options
2»

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,713
    Options
    We got about 10 inches here but it never got above 18 today and now we got a wicked wind so it's drifting everywhere and there's frozen tree branches snapping off everywhere. It's supposed to be, like, 8 tonight.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    We got about 2" and I'm not that far west of you, east Reading outskirts. Sun was out later today. I can still see my grass. Usually the opposite.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,024
    Options
    We got an inch in Wilm. NC. It lasted about 10 hrs. through the night. It was nice to see the big snowflakes falling before I went to bed. It stuck to a lot but not the road or grass too much. When I got back up, 90% was gone already.

I like SE- NC. ;)

I did live in Northern Virginia growing up. As a kid, we LOVED those snow drifts. No school, snow forts and snowball fights and sledding too. :D

Delivering newspapers at 5:30am was another feeling. >:)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,054
    Options
    We ended up with about 18'' of fluffy snow which is the most we've seen here in many years. 5 hours of cleanup done and ready for the next storm.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    All that bi+ching and whining for a measley 18" of snow. :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,054
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    All that bi+ching and whining for a measley 18" of snow. :D

Ed Zaccary.......
    lr7m8jde48h8.png
  • DaveHo
    Options
    No need to hold it. Just stick it in the snow bank and it'll be cold for hours! But if you're taking that long...
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,078
    Options
    Hope all involved rode the storm out, looks like some have a lot of cleaning up to do.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,488
    Options
    hdhb2r5wog5l.jpg
    We had a quite a bit this storm. Nothing out of the ordinary. I did get stuck once on ice. Use to it lol. Hope everyone is making it ok
    Randy/Maine
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Options
    Missed this thread. We got at least 20". It took me 2.5 hours to clear out my driveway and sidewalks (typical residence size). I'm just thankful we didn't lose power or Internet. Bought groceries ahead of time so just hunkered down and cleaned up on Sunday.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    A big fukdat
    Would go visit my dad in southern IL and dealt with that

When I want to play in the snow a ski trip week to Steamboat is good enough for me
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Jstas
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Some photos from Saturday.

We got enough snow that features like the retaining wall along the driveway weren't visible and it if wasn't for the snow blowing off the dirty ice on the lake you couldn't see that either.

b4dkivoixqk2.jpg

wm56zesl0wag.jpg

wskayok74n4z.jpg

3nn6oou446vs.jpg

End of the day we actually got some sun, my glove is covering part of the lens 'cause I was trying to keep the lens flare down. This was after 2.5 hours clearing the driveway. It was cold, I was done. I went inside for some coffee and ibuprofen.

hv5z5yzb8xwk.jpg

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,488
    Options
    Some very nice pictures you took there. That's one cool looking tractor too. Does the flames make it go faster lol. Nice job on the clean up by the looks of it. Reminds me of that show Tool Time or something like that with Tim the tool man with the hot tractor.... Enjoy the snow & stay warm
    Randy/Maine
  • Jstas
    Options
    Nah, it kinda sucked. About 10 inches of snow but we had a bit of rain and freezing rain right before it so no matter how low I set the scraper on the bucket, it was hitting Rick solid ice.

The flames add 20 horsepower!

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    Options
    Hey, don't be hitting Rick.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jstas
    Options
    Stoopit autocowrecked!

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,635
    Options
    We are supposed to get 12-16" in our area in the next two days starting tonight weeeeee
    can't wait 🤪
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    12+ projected here :s

Good news is neighbor down the road works for the county.

One pass down the driveway is about all it takes :)
    Well worth the price of a 12pack!!!!

• DaveHo
    Options
    One positive to come from this COVID debacle, working from home. Big snow storm, don't care! Though I know not everyone is in the same situation.