Do I need to have a receiver?

Do I need to have a receiver?I just purchased a poke X T Center speaker as well as tower speakers. Do I need to have a receiver in order to hook this up to my television?

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Yes, you will need one of those...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Leonhard1 wrote: »
    Do I need to have a receiver?I just purchased a poke X T Center speaker as well as tower speakers. Do I need to have a receiver in order to hook this up to my television?

Yes, those are not powered speakers. You will need a receiver, speaker wire, and cables to connect the tv and any other components to the receiver. Unfortunately, receivers are hard to find these days apparently. I would look at used ones on ebay or local.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Second guy this week that thinks he owns poke speakers. It's POLK.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Kryten
    Kryten Posts: 79
    dust covers pushed in from the factory maybe???
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    Is that Ivan again?
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited January 2022
    I got a cooler hat....

Damn I didn't know Kim Kamado was still a thing.
  • macschic
    macschic Posts: 4
    So if I’ve ordered a POLK sound bar, am I gona need anything else to use with say my tv or even just listening to music via Bluetooth ? I’m new here.
  • macschic
    macschic Posts: 4
    Also, how long is the shipping wait approx?
  • Most of our Polk Soundbars will come with your basic wiring to get you started. Which model did you order?