Any Disc Golfers here?

I played a long time ago when there were just a few courses around and they weren't well maintained. I have been getting back into it and having a lot of fun. Since the pandemic the sport has exploded. Nice courses are popping up all over the place. I played my first round in the snow last week and it was a blast.

Who else plays?

HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5

Comments

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    The city has recently announced renovation of a park that is adjacent to my mother's home.
    They have proposed this 9-hole, PAR 29 disc golf course. Will there be wayward disc's found in her yard?
    I might have to give it a try! :)

rclu73zwz8s9.jpg
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Just got my feet wet with the discs. I have a long ways to go!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Played a decent amount in college. Recently played a couple times with a friend who’s been getting into it. We have a fairly difficult and long course about a mile from my house, which is great. I need to get back out there. It’s the most fun way to take a walk.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    muncybob wrote: »
    Just got my feet wet with the discs. I have a long ways to go!

water traps instead of sand LOL
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I used to play about 2-3 rounds everyday at the courses in Charlotte. I even have my own 9 hole course here at the house, complete with basket and concrete posts for where to throw from.

I only played once competitively and during warm up, I aced a throw straight up a 45 degree hill about 100 feet away....boy, did I get the evil eye from some people. Worst game I ever played though. That was a tough course down in Columbia, SC and I think I finished 15 OVER par. LOL. I am quite sure those that saw my ace were laughing their ever livin' you-know-what off at me as I played on.

My record is 3 aces from the Tee. One of them (my first one) on hole one at Kilborne. https://udisc.com/courses/kilborne-tpc-4pVn - 439 feet - Cha-CHING!

Davidson is probably my favorite course here locally and the worst is the Hornet's Nest and Reedy Creek. Well, come to think of it, Winthrop is pretty hard too. The wife and I saw Julianna Korner play there about a decade ago and that woman is awesome. She had the ability to throw a Frisbee 3 times as far as I could! Not bad for a tiny little thing. She gave me advice but I simply can't do what she can. Mad respect man, mad respect.

With that said, I probably have not played in about 2 or so years. It's not like riding a bike and you pick up where you left off. This game requires practice....and a lot of it. Sure is fun though....until you whack for favorite spinner against a tree and it messes up the flight pattern you are used too or watch as your favorite disc spins all of the way out into a lake. DOH!

I can't tell you how many brand new discs ended up in the water, never to be seen again. Grrr...

My signature putt is the over the head angled flick. I am really good at that....or at least I was.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • 98Badger
    98Badger Posts: 317
    I haven’t played in a few years. I didn’t carry a bag of discs. One was good enough for me. There are a few nice courses in my area. I’d like to get back into it at some point.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    The wife and I used to play around Dallas.
    I haven't played since moving to the Memphis area.
    Now I'm no longer working we will be giving it
    Another try.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Wow! Aces and 400 foot throws are dreams for me. I’m still trying to break 300 feet. My approach shots and putts are improving, but I’m struggling with adding distance to my drives. Still it’s fun time. Planning on playing Saturday, forecast high is 27 degrees.
    HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
    Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
    2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
    Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
    BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 362
    edited January 2022
    Cool to see there are some disc golfers here! I have been playing for about 15 years now. The popularity has exploded in this area (southwest PA) past 4-5 years.

If anyone is in the area and wants to throw a round sometime, a meetup could be fun.