Record washer for around $500

Options
A friend asked me what is the best record washer in the $500 neighborhood. What say ye?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    I like my $499.00 Okki Nokki MkII, but it's out of production. The new model, the ONE is $599.00, but the supply issues have delayed its availability. Pro-ject has a similar one to my MkII and it is available now.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,520
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I got my Opera Consonance for $650 dollars and it has cleaned thousands of LPs...
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    The VPI 16.5 has been pretty much the industry’s standard for years....I bought mine new about 15 years ago and it works like a charm
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    chimpy wrote: »
    This political BS coming from the president of your club? Please delete my membership. Thank you.

WAAAAAA! :'(
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    This political BS coming from the president of your club? Please delete my membership. Thank you.
    heres-something-for-that-butthurt-medicine.gif
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

Quick!! Someone call the WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE!!! STAT!!!!

Ok @F1nut.....SAY IT!!!!!!

I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • F1nut
    Options
    HARRRRRRR!!!

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    I guess he won't be around to participate in the "What are you listening to" thread that Rush Limbaugh started...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,001
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    heres-something-for-that-butthurt-medicine.gif
    Wow...that's Bryan Carlson...before 'Breaking Bad' :D
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    lol, it's CRANSTON!
    And remember, "Oxygen action is special..."
    I disabled signatures.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    A friend asked me what is the best record washer in the $500 neighborhood. What say ye?

https://humminguru.com/products/humminguru-ultrasonic-vinyl-record-cleaner-1

Current exchange rate puts it right at $380. Shipping was included in the Kickstarter but it isn't that much from HK.

I picked up this when they were doing their Kickstarter. So far, I am very pleased with the results.
    Once they got into production, the shipping from Hong Kong was roughly 5 business days from when I received my tracking info.

I ran records through it that I had run through my SpinClean and the amount of gunk the ultrasonic cleaner released was impressive to say the least.

The thing that impresses me the most is that it is completely automatic except for pouring the correct distilled water amount into the cleaner. And even that is easy with the markings on the side of the reservoir. Once the clean cycle completes, it runs through a dry cycle with little blowers on each side while the record rotates.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Options
    I was a little disappointed with this, but I doubt you'd ever encounter THIS much dirt on a record.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edD3Ub4E-DU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gh_OxTA3x0
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Think I'd have to avoid that one.

President of Club Polk

• DividedSky
    Options
    At that price point a lightly used VPI 16.5 would be a good choice.
    Primary: Doshi V3.0 pre and phonostage, Vandersteen M5-HPA, Vandersteen Quatro CT, AMG viella, Goldfinger Statement, AQ Niagara 5000, AQ IC and power cords, Mapleshade Samson V.5

Secondary: Nakamichi PA7, Nak CA5, Polk LS90, Sota Sapphire, Sumiko MDC800, Van den hul Crimson
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    Paid 115.00 for kit. Used my 5.5hp wet vac. Used "triton" plus 99.9999% isopropyl alcohol and rodi water.incredable results hqpgjqhtw242.jpg
    ut92paq6ne7c.jpg
    sults!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus