Record washer for around $500

A friend asked me what is the best record washer in the $500 neighborhood. What say ye?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I like my $499.00 Okki Nokki MkII, but it's out of production. The new model, the ONE is $599.00, but the supply issues have delayed its availability. Pro-ject has a similar one to my MkII and it is available now.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    edited December 2021
    I got my Opera Consonance for $650 dollars and it has cleaned thousands of LPs...
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    The VPI 16.5 has been pretty much the industry’s standard for years....I bought mine new about 15 years ago and it works like a charm
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    chimpy wrote: »
    This political BS coming from the president of your club? Please delete my membership. Thank you.

WAAAAAA! :'(
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • F1nut
    HARRRRRRR!!!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I guess he won't be around to participate in the "What are you listening to" thread that Rush Limbaugh started...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Clipdat wrote: »
    heres-something-for-that-butthurt-medicine.gif
    Wow...that's Bryan Carlson...before 'Breaking Bad' :D
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    lol, it's CRANSTON!
    And remember, "Oxygen action is special..."
    I disabled signatures.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    I was a little disappointed with this, but I doubt you'd ever encounter THIS much dirt on a record.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edD3Ub4E-DU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gh_OxTA3x0
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • F1nut
    Think I'd have to avoid that one.

President of Club Polk

• At that price point a lightly used VPI 16.5 would be a good choice.
    Primary: Doshi V3.0 pre and phonostage, Vandersteen M5-HPA, Vandersteen Quatro CT, AMG viella, Goldfinger Statement, AQ Niagara 5000, AQ IC and power cords, Mapleshade Samson V.5

Secondary: Nakamichi PA7, Nak CA5, Polk LS90, Sota Sapphire, Sumiko MDC800, Van den hul Crimson
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    Paid 115.00 for kit. Used my 5.5hp wet vac. Used "triton" plus 99.9999% isopropyl alcohol and rodi water.incredable results hqpgjqhtw242.jpg
    ut92paq6ne7c.jpg
    sults!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus