RT800 Tweeter Replacement

Options
upyourkilt
upyourkilt Posts: 7
edited October 2005 in Troubleshooting
New to the forum, and have read all the threads regarding the tweeter on the RT800. Just wanted to know if anyone has replaced this tweeter with anything else other than polk's silk dome? I have four of these to replace in total but don't exactly want to spend $70 a crack for them. Thanks
Post edited by upyourkilt on

Comments

• bvette94
    bvette94 Posts: 356
    edited October 2005
    Options
    If you dont want to replace the tweeters in your rt800s and are willing to part them out i am interested in all four 6.5 in drivers. i was told the silk replacement should sound the exact same but i have my doubts.

Bob
  • upyourkilt
    upyourkilt Posts: 7
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Hey Bob, I am sure the silk domes sound well, but I don't plan on getting rid of my present speaker system until next fall when my home addition is completed. I will post again when it is time to part with my RT800's,CS300,RT35's and PSW140. I enjoy my home theater so much that I want to replace the tweeters, but don't want to spend the bucks considering my new theater room will be completed next fall, complete with new tv and speakers.
  • bvette94
    bvette94 Posts: 356
    edited October 2005
    Options
    I agree i like the rt line myself. keep an eye on ebay sometimes they pop up on there.i think the part number is bdo123. my rt800s had the glue dry out on the drivers and there is a new part number now. i am hesitant to try the new ones. not to mention they are $60.00 a piece i need four. my cabinets are in mint condition. i wouldnt fix them if they werent mint. good luck with your search and welcome to the forum.
  • KARLMAYLETT
    Options
    Recently blew my tweeters out on my RT800s. Found a place in Sandy Utah called Inception Audio. I think Matt is the only re-coner in the area and between Matt and Gene the were able to come up with a solution as Polk doesn't have a direct replacement. These guys are amazing and if you find yourself in the same boat I would highly recommend contacting them. Very price oriented and dedicated to customer satisfaction.